The Student Room Group

Should I wait for a boy?

When I wait, no boys approach me but when I do try and start a convo ( because people have said boys might be intimidated by me) they’re just so blunt and show no interest. So I MUST be ugly. I’m trying to come to terms with it but now I just want to make myself look like Kim K
Original post by Anonymous
When I wait, no boys approach me but when I do try and start a convo ( because people have said boys might be intimidated by me) they’re just so blunt and show no interest. So I MUST be ugly. I’m trying to come to terms with it but now I just want to make myself look like Kim K

How old are you? Also, looks are subjective. Some people think Kim K is ugly.
Stop trying too hard, focus on yourself and with any luck, someone will come along.

The important part is being social and expanding your social circle

You sound like a teenager. Is it possible you have a resting b***h face? It can be off putting to approach someone like that. Also what type of guys are you approaching?
I’m trying to come to terms with it but now I just want to make myself look like Kim K

Being blunt she looks inhuman and I don't think anyone should want to look like her.
You probably look better than her.
Reply 5
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
Stop trying too hard, focus on yourself and with any luck, someone will come along.

The important part is being social and expanding your social circle

Thank you but I pretty do have everything else in my life sorted, ive just graduated’ .... have a job which I’m so grateful to have during the pandemic and I have lovely friends although they live all over the place because we’ve finished uni and I don’t have many friends at home. How can I make new ones where I live??
Reply 6
Original post by Mr T 999
You sound like a teenager. Is it possible you have a resting b***h face? It can be off putting to approach someone like that. Also what type of guys are you approaching?

No I’m 21. How do I sound like a teenager? No I don’t have a resting ***** face, but if I am surrounded by good looking boys say in the gym I do get anxious so idk what my facial expression is like then. Just average- good looking boys. Not Zac Efron type people just smart, normal boys I suppose.
Thank you but I pretty do have everything else in my life sorted, ive just graduated’ .... have a job which I’m so grateful to have during the pandemic and I have lovely friends although they live all over the place because we’ve finished uni and I don’t have many friends at home. How can I make new ones where I live??

You seem to be in a great position for a relationship, I think you should just focus on enjoying your life, going out with friends whenever you can and, treating yourself every once and a while etc.

You could join a sports club or any extracurricular activity, a lot of classes done there could forge new friendships.
Reply 8
Original post by JustOneMoreThing
You seem to be in a great position for a relationship, I think you should just focus on enjoying your life, going out with friends whenever you can and, treating yourself every once and a while etc.

You could join a sports club or any extracurricular activity, a lot of classes done there could forge new friendships.

Thank you! Yes I’ve recently joined the gym but the boys there can be quite intimidating and I struggle to start conversations in scenarios like that but maybe when I’m there more I might see a regular face
Thank you! Yes I’ve recently joined the gym but the boys there can be quite intimidating and I struggle to start conversations in scenarios like that but maybe when I’m there more I might see a regular face

Yh, familiarity can help for certain, just be yourself and keep socially active :yy:
No I’m 21. How do I sound like a teenager? No I don’t have a resting ***** face, but if I am surrounded by good looking boys say in the gym I do get anxious so idk what my facial expression is like then. Just average- good looking boys. Not Zac Efron type people just smart, normal boys I suppose.

How you approaching them? Maybe you're approaching them wrong? Or it could just be the guys in gym are there to work out and not pick up girls so they ignore you? Men in the gym are vain and superficial perhaps look elsewhere.
(edited 3 years ago)
No.
Wait to the meet the right guy, who ticks all your boxes and is compatible with your ambitions & lifestyle.
There are plenty of single male fishes in the dating sea, many of whom will be swimming your way and very keen to attract your attention.

What type of guy are you attracted to?
What sort of dating dealbreakers do you have?
Are you satisfied that you always provide the best possible impressions of your personality to people who don't know you very well?
Is there anything about yourself that you would like to improve or alter?
omg why is this me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending