The Student Room Group

Student finance query

If I live at home with my parents but I'm over 25, will it be just my personal income taken into account when applying for student finance?

Additionally can someone on an allied healthcare course receive means tested student finance? I would personally prefer to take out a larger loan as well as the NHS grant.

Any help would be appreciated.
Not sure about the NHS grant thing but student finance takes into account household income when determining the maintenance loan. That includes both your income as well as your parents income since you still live with them.
Original post by Uncertaingoose
If I live at home with my parents but I'm over 25, will it be just my personal income taken into account when applying for student finance?

Additionally can someone on an allied healthcare course receive means tested student finance? I would personally prefer to take out a larger loan as well as the NHS grant.

Hi!

It should include your parents as you are living with them and SFE assume they will then take care of financial issues, as it is based of household income. However, I would contact SFE to clarify this for you, if your finance situation is more independent.
You will have to contact your course to find out whether you are eligible for the NHS grant. Also, SFE can be strict about taking a larger loan, if it is not deemed necessary, but is always worth contacting them.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Original post by Uncertaingoose

It will only be your income but you will only receive the ‘living with parents’ rate of finance.

Yes you can receive means tested finance and the NHS grant.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending