The Student Room Group

Anyone applied to german universities without a language subject in A Levels?

I'm doing Cambridge International A Levels (Chem, Econs & Maths) right now and i'm interested in studying abroad in Germany but Uni-Assists mentioned that 4 subjects (One language subject included) is the requirement for international application. However the college i'm attending does not offer any language subjects. Do I stand a chance to apply to a german uni? Any other ways to overcome this problem? Though I'm also planning to apply to the UK but the international tuition fees are stupidly expensive hence going to Germany seems to be a better idea. Thanks in advance.
Hi,
I am an international student to here in Germany and Of course you stand a chance. Uni-assist is helpful but I don't understand why it says that way, Which course are you intending to apply?
Also, you should look into DAAD website it gives you a good idea, select no tution fee before hand.

I hope this helped, let me know if I can help you with anything!
xx
Reply 2
Original post by Issladat1010
Hi,
I am an international student to here in Germany and Of course you stand a chance. Uni-assist is helpful but I don't understand why it says that way, Which course are you intending to apply?
Also, you should look into DAAD website it gives you a good idea, select no tution fee before hand.

I hope this helped, let me know if I can help you with anything!
xx

Hi, thanks for replying. I'm thinking of applying to business admin/economics/finance (BA/BSc) in english courses and I've seen a few that i'm interested in, though i'm planning to learn German once i'm there. Most of the unis that offers the courses i'm eyeing says to apply through uni-assist. With my A levels subject choices I meet the subject-specific requirement for the courses however I don't meet the general requirement since I'm lacking a language subject. However I'm still gonna give it a try when it's time to apply anyway so I'll worry about that when it happens. If you don't mind me asking, which university are you attending, and how would you rate your experience there?
Original post by kimcbl
Hi, thanks for replying. I'm thinking of applying to business admin/economics/finance (BA/BSc) in english courses and I've seen a few that i'm interested in, though i'm planning to learn German once i'm there. Most of the unis that offers the courses i'm eyeing says to apply through uni-assist. With my A levels subject choices I meet the subject-specific requirement for the courses however I don't meet the general requirement since I'm lacking a language subject. However I'm still gonna give it a try when it's time to apply anyway so I'll worry about that when it happens. If you don't mind me asking, which university are you attending, and how would you rate your experience there?

Well, over here you need a 13 years study experience to apply in bachelor's. I might be wrong but that's what I heard from students from Germany. I'd suggest apply for master's rather coping up with the language and bachelor's. You will face a hard time finding a course taught in English.

I am pursuing MA in English Literature from Goettingen University and my experience so far has been good, Due to Covid situations things did not really go as planned so I am figuring out like rest of my colleagues. So far so good.

You can find courses taught in English, language during classes wouldn't be an issue. However, to survive here learning the language would be a good idea. Incase you will be looking for part-time jobs in future then yes, it will be a plus point.

I hope this helps you.

Best of luck!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending