The Student Room Group

Terrible Driver?

Does anyone have a good reference points for forward bay parking and reversing into the bay? For some reason I'm mucking it up! My reference and my instructors POV is quite different so idk what to do. Please help.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Try the wingmirror, your shoulder or the door handle. It can vary depending on the size of your car.
Also, try make sure your a fair distance away from the side your pulling into (if that makes sense).

Hopefully that helps, i'm sure you'll get it soon!
Reply 2
Original post by stud£nt
Try the wingmirror, your shoulder or the door handle. It can vary depending on the size of your car.
Also, try make sure your a fair distance away from the side your pulling into (if that makes sense).

Thanks!
I normally use the door handle on my instrustor's car as it's 4 door, but I'll have to find a different reference point for my own car
Reply 4
Original post by stud£nt

you may have just saved my life, i have been struggling in this area too, was fine doing it before but something changed, i couldn't figure out what, but i've just realised i wasn't keeping a fair distance away from the place i was pulling into, i was extremely close/next to it !!!!! omg thanks for this, i have my test tomorrow and i'm soo worried!
Reply 5
Original post by Afuru
you may have just saved my life, i have been struggling in this area too, was fine doing it before but something changed, i couldn't figure out what, but i've just realised i wasn't keeping a fair distance away from the place i was pulling into, i was extremely close/next to it !!!!! omg thanks for this, i have my test tomorrow and i'm soo w

Omg I hope so too! I hope it went well!
Reply 6
Original post by stud£nt
Omg I hope so too! I hope it went well!

sadly no i failed in the last 2 mins for choosing the wrong lane at the roundabout and no choosing the appropriate exit for that lane if that makes sense. i just got so confused last minute, unfortunately this caused me to fail otherwise i would have passed 😭😭
Reply 7
Original post by Afuru
sadly no i failed in the last 2 mins for choosing the wrong lane at the roundabout and no choosing the appropriate exit for that lane if that makes sense. i just got so confused last minute, unfortunately this caused me to fail otherwise i would have passed 😭😭

Hi I had my test two days ago and I passed. But don't worry if you didn't because roundabouts have always been tricky and the nerves for the test don't help either.
Reply 8
Original post by stud£nt

Thanks for the tip! I passed my test thank god
Reply 9
Original post by sally_1912

Congrats! How many hours did you do?
Reply 10
Hi I had my test two days ago and I passed. But don't worry if you didn't because roundabouts have always been tricky and the nerves for the test don't help either.

yeah hopefully i can get a test soon from someone who's cancelled but it looks like 2020 hates me too
Reply 11
Use white line. I do this, especially reversing using mirror tilted.
Idk how to explain how i do it, i just make adjustments as i reverse and it just works everytime lol. As for forwards i just make sure i have given myself enough space to slot in, take it a bit wide maybe idk rly

Well done!!!
Original post by Afuru

Hopefully next time !!At least your better prepared and know what to expect.
Reply 15
Original post by stud£nt
Hopefully next time !!At least your better prepared and know what to expect.

yeah i feel more confident to pass, i didn't think i was ready but now i know i am especially that i was soo close to passing
Original post by Komaric
Congrats! How many hours did you do?

Before the test I put in 7 hours of final practice but if you mean how many hours in total...

I was learning for two years :eek:
Original post by stud£nt
Well done!!!

Thank youuu

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending