The Student Room Group

Why is there some blood in my discharge?

My period is supposed to be coming in the 28th and when my period is nearly coming I usually have lots of cramps. But yesterday i was wiping and i had discharge but there was a little bit of blood in my discharge which is so unusual. I had this today as well. I’m 15 and I’ve had my period for 2 and a half years now. Idk what to do. Is this dangerous?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
if youre sure its not period blood then get it checked out
Reply 2
Original post by ohwowow
if youre sure its not period blood then get it checked out

Omg would could it be then I don’t wanna tell my parents idkk what to do
Reply 3
probably just an infection in the bowel or colon
Original post by Anonymous
Omg would could it be then I don’t wanna tell my parents idkk what to do

Is your period due?
In the days leading up to menstruation you may notice a creamy discharge that may have a little blood in it. That’s normal
But if you’re worried then you can have a telephone appointment with a nurse or doctor.
It’s not wise or fair for us to try to diagnose it here
Reply 5
Are you experiencing any pain? If you aren't then I wouldn't say it's unusual to have a slight bloody discharge a week before your period. Especially since you're 15, your body is still going through hormonal changes. I remember that happening to me when I was around 16. Of course if you want to have reassurance, then a call from your GP would be helpful:smile:
Original post by ohwowow

erm, doubt it...

OP, it could be that your period has just started early. Or it might be that you are ovulating as that can cause bleeding around the middle of your cycle. As already said- if you are worried, have a chat to your GP/nurse, or even speak to a parent or relative you trust.
Original post by ohwowow

Can’t speak for everyone but my colon and bowel are not linked to my vagina!!
Reply 8
Original post by Sammylou40
Is your period due?
In the days leading up to menstruation you may notice a creamy discharge that may have a little blood in it. That’s normal
But if you’re worried then you can have a telephone appointment with a nurse or doctor.
It’s not wise or fair for us to try to diagnose it here

My period is due on the 28th of this month. I think it’s a bit early and it’s not normal for me to spot a week before my period
Reply 9
Original post by ohwowow

‘Just’ so it’s alright? I don’t have to go to the doctors?
Original post by jas149
Are you experiencing any pain? If you aren't then I wouldn't say it's unusual to have a slight bloody discharge a week before your period. Especially since you're 15, your body is still going through hormonal changes. I remember that happening to me when I was around 16. Of course if you want to have reassurance, then a call from your GP would be helpful:smile:

Thank uu. No I’m not experiencing any pain
Original post by black tea
erm, doubt it...

OP, it could be that your period has just started early. Or it might be that you are ovulating as that can cause bleeding around the middle of your cycle. As already said- if you are worried, have a chat to your GP/nurse, or even speak to a parent or relative you trust.

I don’t have a trusted adult or relative but thank youu
My period is due on the 28th of this month. I think it’s a bit early and it’s not normal for me to spot a week before my period

Discharge is normal in the week leading up to it.
Because you are worried then I think you should talk to a nurse/dr at your surgery. Your parents don’t need to know. Or at the very least go talk to the pharmacist at your chemist.
It’s likely to be nothing to worry about but you should check
Update: I still haven’t got my period (my period is extremely late) but that thing stopped
Btw I’m deffo not pregnant I’m a virgin
I'm 22 and have always had irregular periods. A little bit of bloody discharge is nothing to worry about in my experience.
Update: I still haven’t got my period (my period is extremely late) but that thing stopped

My sister hasn't had hers in 2 months. She had it once in July, then August. Then it stopped. My mum spoke to the GP! I think you should do the same.
Original post by deadroseex
My sister hasn't had hers in 2 months. She had it once in July, then August. Then it stopped. My mum spoke to the GP! I think you should do the same.

Thank you!
What did the GP say about ur sister?

Have you had any sexual contact at all?
Either way, it wouldn’t hurt to have a chat with your gp. Just to put your mind at rest if nothing else
It would be unwise for anyone here to give you specific medical advice
Original post by Sammylou40
Have you had any sexual contact at all?
Either way, it wouldn’t hurt to have a chat with your gp. Just to put your mind at rest if nothing else
It would be unwise for anyone here to give you specific medical advice

The OP is Virgin?
Original post by 1st superstar
The OP is Virgin?

Yes. But if there has been sexual contact with ejaculation it’s not totally impossible
https://www.nhs.uk/common-health-questions/pregnancy/can-i-get-pregnant-if-i-have-sex-without-penetration/

Quick Reply

Latest