The Student Room Group

Going no contact with someone but...

I’ve decided to go no contact for 30 days with a guy who recently rejected me for a relationship.. So I’m not going to message him or interact with his posts online for at least 30 days. Just wondering, what do I do if he reaches out to me? I’m going to reply 100% because I don’t want him to think I’m being rude and petty (and I am in the friend zone so we’re still friends).. how should I respond? Surely I should be enthusiastic so it looks like I’m happy without him right?? I don’t know
Reply 1
He's not interested in a relationship, but you are still friends, so why would you ignore him for 30 days? What silly game are you playing and what are you trying to achieve?
Reply 2
Stop with the mind games, first off. Talk to him if you want to talk to him, dont if you dont. This 'in between' stuff is just petty and is going to end up hurting you much more than it will him.
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Stop with the mind games, first off. Talk to him if you want to talk to him, dont if you dont. This 'in between' stuff is just petty and is going to end up hurting you much more than it will him.

Prsom. :five:
Going no contact with someone is quite petty. Unless of course, it's for a good reason. However, you said that if he messages you, you will respond. Either you ignore him completely (block him), or you don't go "no contact". What you are doing right now is a mind game, and it is not right or fair to the other person.
Original post by Anonymous
I’ve decided to go no contact for 30 days with a guy who recently rejected me for a relationship.. So I’m not going to message him or interact with his posts online for at least 30 days. Just wondering, what do I do if he reaches out to me? I’m going to reply 100% because I don’t want him to think I’m being rude and petty (and I am in the friend zone so we’re still friends).. how should I respond? Surely I should be enthusiastic so it looks like I’m happy without him right?? I don’t know

Just tell him you're talking to me now 😝
Reply 6
Original post by Surnia
He's not interested in a relationship, but you are still friends, so why would you ignore him for 30 days? What silly game are you playing and what are you trying to achieve?

I did some research and it was recommended that I went no contact for like a month.. I’m not trying to play mind games, I’m just doing it for myself and my own mental health. Self respect isn’t selfish ya know
Reply 7
Original post by Anonymous
I did some research and it was recommended that I went no contact for like a month.. I’m not trying to play mind games, I’m just doing it for myself and my own mental health. Self respect isn’t selfish ya know

If it was a nasty rejection, then you wouldn't be talking to him again. There obviously wasn't a problem as you have stayed friends, so as you think he's an ok guy, so what's the problem with keeping in touch with him? If you want to make him miss you if he gets in touch, so you are playing mind games. Either stay in contact or don't, none of this ridiculous "recommended" 30 day bull.
Reply 8
Original post by Surnia
If it was a nasty rejection, then you wouldn't be talking to him again. There obviously wasn't a problem as you have stayed friends, so as you think he's an ok guy, so what's the problem with keeping in touch with him? If you want to make him miss you if he gets in touch, so you are playing mind games. Either stay in contact or don't, none of this ridiculous "recommended" 30 day bull.

Okay. Makes sense, thank you! It’s also because being friends with him makes me sad cos obviously at some point he’ll be with someone else

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending