The Student Room Group

Noisy flatmates during my placement year

I decided to live in halls this year and booked a private accommodation thinking that it would hopefully have second/third year students as first year students usually go to certain accommodations. My flatmates ended up being all first years and 3 of them are boys that were friends in school and all came to the same uni.

The problem is they invite people around almost every night (except the nights where they've gone home) and they're extremely loud and shouting when they're sober or drunk. This continues until around 4am most of the time and sometimes I'll have to sleep in my friend's room as I can't sleep at all. It's really struggling for me as I'm working full time with my placement and it's my fault for even booking student halls in the first place. I'm unlucky as my colleagues who are placement students were telling me they booked flats alone and ended up with third years who are all quiet :frown:

I am thinking of transferring rooms but I keep thinking what if my situation ends up being the same or worse and I had to pay for it to happen again. There's a charge if you move rooms at my accommodation and I don't know what to do.

I don't really want to complain and have managers talk to them because I've had tension with flatmates before and it makes me feel really uncomfortable living there when I know they have a problem with me.
Incompatible room-mates will be a familiar issue to the "managers" you refer to. You don't have to make a complaint just have a quiet word to see if anything is possible.

Ultimately your degree is the most important thing - especially as you current room-mates don't sound like the sort of people your going to make life long friends out of.

Alternatively, of course you could play heavy rock or bag pipe music at say 06:00 :biggrin:
Reply 2
Original post by Grizwuld
Incompatible room-mates will be a familiar issue to the "managers" you refer to. You don't have to make a complaint just have a quiet word to see if anything is possible.

Ultimately your degree is the most important thing - especially as you current room-mates don't sound like the sort of people your going to make life long friends out of.

Alternatively, of course you could play heavy rock or bag pipe music at say 06:00 :biggrin:

I feel like they would know it's me though if I complained as I'm the only one in the flat (there's one other girl) who would need to get up early. If I wasn't doing a placement, I wouldn't really care about the noise. Yeah I already knew from the day I first met them that they're not going to be life long friends lol.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending