The Student Room Group

fat reduction

I know, spot-reduction is impossible.
But I have tried losing weight from all over, and my thighs are not budging. Do I need to starve to lose weight from my legs?😭

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
But I have tried losing weight from all over, and my thighs are not budging. Do I need to starve to lose weight from my legs?😭

Do squats with weights, you may think this is counterproductive but it builds muscle and tones legs and thighs so the fat is burned off
Reply 2
It's a serious question by the way, I don't care it it's because of genetics etc.
Reply 3
Do squats with weights, you may think this is counterproductive but it builds muscle and tones legs and thighs so the fat is burned off

I've done that though, I don't want bulky legs, just slimmer thighs. I just need to lose a bit of inner thigh fat near the top of my legs
Reply 4
:bump:
Reply 5
another:bump:
I've done that though, I don't want bulky legs, just slimmer thighs. I just need to lose a bit of inner thigh fat near the top of my legs

Doing what anon #2 said to is actually very effective and does not make legs bulkier
Reply 7
Original post by tbi_zlx
Doing what anon #2 said to is actually very effective and does not make legs bulkier

that's what happened to me. It made my butt look a bit bigger too, and the last thing I want is a big butt.
Reply 8
Original post by tbi_zlx

also I'm looking to make the inner thigs smaller
that's what happened to me. It made my butt look a bit bigger too, and the last thing I want is a big butt.

Wait is OP guy or girl btw
Original post by tbi_zlx
Wait is OP guy or girl btw

I'm a girl, I don't know why that was confusing for you. Not all girls want a big butt.
I'm a girl, I don't know why that was confusing for you. Not all girls want a big butt.

Nooo cos then its easier to understand lol as the physiology of guys and girls is different
Original post by tbi_zlx
Nooo cos then its easier to understand lol as the physiology of guys and girls is different

oh okay, then that's fine.
Well then, do you think I should starve or something similar? Everyone is saying you have to lose fat from everywhere, but it's just not happening.
You cannot lose fat from a single area of your body.
Everyone is different as to where they put on and lose the weight from.
Doing focussed exercise is the only way to target a specific area.

Rn i'm trying to do the same thing. I think side leg raises and lunges are effective, at least for me, as well as squats.
oh okay, then that's fine.
Well then, do you think I should starve or something similar? Everyone is saying you have to lose fat from everywhere, but it's just not happening.

Starving is defo a no go. As a personal trainer myself, starving actually does not reduce your fat levels like that as you have to burn through your carb stores first. Even keto diets etc are not effective. Try including more protein into your diet and healthier fats while reducing other fats and carbs, sleep more, start strength training, have vinegar included in diet, have plenty of fiber, do a lot of cardio and HIIT, drink coffee but not like milky, if you dont want this then healthy drinks etc and if you do want to fast try intermittent fasting not complete starvation
As far as exercises go ill leave a list here. If you need any more advice feel free to pm.
Squats, lunges, plank leg lifts, single leg deadlifts, bridges, jump rope, step ups and box jumps
Original post by GabiAbi84
You cannot lose fat from a single area of your body.
Everyone is different as to where they put on and lose the weight from.
Doing focussed exercise is the only way to target a specific area.

I know that.
But the fat is just not budging from there.
Eat in a deficit to lose fat. If you're working out, but eating like crap, you aren't going to lose the fat.
Original post by gtty123
Eat in a deficit to lose fat. If you're working out, but eating like crap, you aren't going to lose the fat.

That's what I've been doing! No junk food at all either!

Quick Reply

Latest