The Student Room Group

Can’t sleep (help me ASAP)

We had to go on a group call in college with these other students and some of them from my group were talking about abroad holidays that were supposed to happen but might not due to the virus. I mentioned that my holiday might be delayed as well in our caravan, people were I’m trampy and it really ruined my confidence.

It was just this teams group chat when we had to join a call on our phones to a teacher somewhere else in the college but the teacher was there. These girls in my class after the call in the classroom were just laughing hysterically at me. I felt like the whole class boys were doing it and the tutor was letting it happen. The tutor wasn’t doing anything.

If anything went along with it because after a few minutes I was just sitting there upset and moody so a girl in my class asked me what’s up but I was mumbling what I was saying since I was upset. The girl told the teacher that I was upset and I’m mumbling what up and the teacher just said something like that’s just how he is though smiling.

I have done other threads about my confidence being hit at college before, https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=6737714 and now it’s happening again. I have not been going into college much when I go in I get told to sit next to someone who ruined my self esteem then then I return back in after time off then I get by several people at the same time, I mean it’s just one thing after another.

I’m struggling to sleep right now over this because I just don’t know what to do next with college because I haven’t been going in as it is for the girl ruining my self esteem then I go in and get it ruined again.

Scroll to see replies

Following for advice
Reply 2
Original post by tinygirl96
Following for advice

Get some other people to reply please
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sleep-and-tiredness/how-to-get-to-sleep/

In the long run I suggest talking to someone about your issues. In the short run there are apps to help you sleep, to clear your mind and relax your body.
Reply 4
Original post by GabiAbi84
https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sleep-and-tiredness/how-to-get-to-sleep/

In the long run I suggest talking to someone about your issues. In the short run there are apps to help you sleep, to clear your mind and relax your body.

Alright cheers
I agree with @GabiAbi84, but also I'd wait and see if anything else happens and if it does, you should contact someone higher up in the College until it gets dealt with :cool:.

Reply 6
Original post by LawmenRDR2
I agree with @GabiAbi84, but also I'd wait and see if anything else happens and if it does, you should contact someone higher up in the College until it gets dealt with :cool:.

The other staff just aren’t very good to be honest like the manager of the course
Original post by Anonymous
The other staff just aren’t very good to be honest like the manager of the course

Do you have a Principle or Headmaster / mistress? If so I would contact them.
And also, the caravan group chat happened over 6months ago so if you’re still struggling with it then I suggest to make an appointment with your GP or school counsellor to discuss the possibility of some therapy.
Reply 9
Do you have a Principle or Headmaster / mistress? If so I would contact them.

We don’t have them
I'm no expert but contact your GP or even Online services will be able to assist you greatly. Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit rubbish too.
I'm no expert but contact your GP or even Online services will be able to assist you greatly. Sorry to hear you're feeling a bit rubbish too.

I’ll have a look and I appreciate it
I’ll have a look and I appreciate it

Good to hear, I hope it all works out for you. Unfortunately there are a lot of people going through some sh*t in life. Best we can all do is support each other and keep going forward.
Good to hear, I hope it all works out for you. Unfortunately there are a lot of people going through some sh*t in life. Best we can all do is support each other and keep going forward.

Yes we shake hands, we move on and we carry on
Yes we shake hands, we move on and we carry on

And we ignore those that try to give advise based on the Truth which is that this happened a long while ago and you are yet to get over it suggesting either there is something bigger at work or that you are trolling for attention...
But hey ho, you do you!
And we ignore those that try to give advise based on the Truth which is that this happened a long while ago and you are yet to get over it suggesting either there is something bigger at work or that you are trolling for attention...
But hey ho, you do you!

Wtf I’m not trolling I don’t know how someone can do something like that smh
Wtf I’m not trolling I don’t know how someone can do something like that smh

No, me neither but such is life.
And also, the caravan group chat happened over 6months ago so if you’re still struggling with it then I suggest to make an appointment with your GP or school counsellor to discuss the possibility of some therapy.

Yes people made fun of this a few months ago as well
No, me neither but such is life.

I’m just upset how you think I’m actually trolling this and you don’t believe I’m real and now other people are going to think I’m trolling as well
Btw people reading this I’m seriously not trolling this, this is what is going on in my life right now it’s a serious topic and you’ll have to take my word for it because there’s no way of proving it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending