Date Received: 28/10/2020
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Hiiii! Only just received my offer so im v excited haha

Course: LLB Law
A-Level subjects: History, Psychology and Maths
Offer: AAB (lower than I expected but I’m not sure why?)
Date received: 28/10/20

Anyone know if Nottingham might be their first choice?
Course: BA English (Q300)
A-levels: English literature, RS, and psychology
Offer: AAA or AAB with an A in EPQ (both with A in English lit)
Date received: 28/10/2020

It was my first offer today, shortly followed by Manchester! What other unis have people applied to?
Original post by ashtolga23
Course: BA English (Q300)
A-levels: English literature, RS, and psychology
Offer: AAA or AAB with an A in EPQ (both with A in English lit)
Date received: 28/10/2020

It was my first offer today, shortly followed by Manchester! What other unis have people applied to?

Congrats on your two offers in one day!!! Must feel like such a relief!!
Original post by skywarwick
Congrats on your two offers in one day!!! Must feel like such a relief!!

Thank you so much! It's definitely welcomed haha. I've been complaining about not getting offers for two weeks now because it seems as though a few people I know and a lot of people here got offers in earlier than me. I applied on the 14th so I understand I probably applied with a boatload of others and got caught in the backlog, but it was definitely frustrating lol!

Congratulations on getting your offer today too! Are you thinking of Nottingham as your firm?
Thank you so much! It's definitely welcomed haha. I've been complaining about not getting offers for two weeks now because it seems as though a few people I know and a lot of people here got offers in earlier than me. I applied on the 14th so I understand I probably applied with a boatload of others and got caught in the backlog, but it was definitely frustrating lol!

Congratulations on getting your offer today too! Are you thinking of Nottingham as your firm?

Me too omg!! I applied on the 14th and today was the first time I heard back too!! So strange haha, did you apply to Oxbridge?

And yess maybe... I did apply to Cambridge but I don’t think my grades will quite cut it when compared to the other applicants! So after Cambridge, Nottingham is a v close second but maybe Warwick or Bristol too. You? :smile:
Reply 7
MSci Physics with European Language
A-levels: Maths, Physics, Chemistry, French
Offer: A*A*B/A*AA
Date recieved: 28/10/20

I’ve also applied for Oxford, Imperial, Bath, York (invited for interview)
(edited 3 years ago)
Me too omg!! I applied on the 14th and today was the first time I heard back too!! So strange haha, did you apply to Oxbridge?

And yess maybe... I did apply to Cambridge but I don’t think my grades will quite cut it when compared to the other applicants! So after Cambridge, Nottingham is a v close second but maybe Warwick or Bristol too. You? :smile:

Sorry for the late reply! I didn't see this before. I did apply! Queens' College, Cambridge.

Aw I wish you the best of luck. Those are all super respectable choices so I'm sure you'll do well wherever you end up! Aside from Cambridge and Nottingham, I applied to Manchester, Lancaster, and Durham. Since my boyfriend is going to Durham, that's a strong competitor, but they all have their advantages. I'm going to wait and see the offers that come in first I suppose haha. Difficult choice.
Hiiii! Only just received my offer so im v excited haha

Course: LLB Law
A-Level subjects: History, Psychology and Maths
Offer: AAB (lower than I expected but I’m not sure why?)
Date received: 28/10/20

Anyone know if Nottingham might be their first choice?

The AAB is probably contextual, I got the same offer a few days ago :smile:
Sorry for the late reply! I didn't see this before. I did apply! Queens' College, Cambridge.

Aw I wish you the best of luck. Those are all super respectable choices so I'm sure you'll do well wherever you end up! Aside from Cambridge and Nottingham, I applied to Manchester, Lancaster, and Durham. Since my boyfriend is going to Durham, that's a strong competitor, but they all have their advantages. I'm going to wait and see the offers that come in first I suppose haha. Difficult choice.

Thank you so much aww, I hope you get into Cambridge omg!! I applied to Jesus :smile:

Is your boyfriend applying for English too? It’d be so great for you two to go together to Durham! Sadly my bf is going to do music and I’m applying for law so we aren’t applying for any of the same unis which is a shame :frown: hopefully we won’t be far apart tho haha

Also do you know when Cambridge starts giving interview offers?Xx
Thank you so much aww, I hope you get into Cambridge omg!! I applied to Jesus :smile:

Is your boyfriend applying for English too? It’d be so great for you two to go together to Durham! Sadly my bf is going to do music and I’m applying for law so we aren’t applying for any of the same unis which is a shame :frown: hopefully we won’t be far apart tho haha

Also do you know when Cambridge starts giving interview offers?Xx

Thank you so much! Great choice there.

He's actually already got his place at Durham; he decided to opt for deferred entry. Aw it is a shame, but I hope you end up close to each other! My boyfriend and I are in an LDR at the moment so I understand it can be tough sometimes.

I believe it's around the end of November, a few weeks before the interviews are held, but I could be wrong.
Course: Chemical Engineering including an Industrial Year, H81D
A Levels: Further Maths, Maths, Chemistry, Physics
Offer: Grades AAA including Grade A - Mathematics and Grade A in any of Chemistry Physics
Date Received: 03/11/20
Course: Msci Chemistry
A-levels: Chemistry (A*), Maths (A*) and Economics (A*)
Offer: ABB with A in Chemistry
Date received: 2/11/2020
Course: Chemical Engineering including an Industrial year MEng H81D
A-levels: Chemistry (A*), Physics (A*), Maths (A*), Further Maths (A*)
Offer: AAA (Grade A in Maths and A in either of Chemistry or Physics)
Date received: 27 October 2020
Course: BSc Economics
A-levels: maths, further maths, economics, music
Offer: AAA or AABB
date received: 22/10/2020
Reply 16
Original post by BobbyHan
Course: BSc Economics
A-levels: maths, further maths, economics, music
Offer: AAA or AABB
date received: 22/10/2020

congrats! how come you got a reduced offer? i thought the offers were A*AA or A*ABB?
Original post by g.ana
congrats! how come you got a reduced offer? i thought the offers were A*AA or A*ABB?

Yes A*AA or A*ABB is the standard offer.

I would like to think it as a strong application which I am very happy about!
Reply 18
Original post by BobbyHan
Yes A*AA or A*ABB is the standard offer.

I would like to think it as a strong application which I am very happy about!

ohh nice! congrats :smile:
Original post by g.ana
ohh nice! congrats :smile:

Thanks! Good luck to your application too

Latest

Trending

Trending