The Student Room Group

Dating younger girl

Hi guys so recently I met a girl whos 2 years younger than me. I will be turning 18 in January but she will be 15 until May when she turns 16. Theoretically, she's only 2 years younger but from January to May she's 3 years, and I dunno if it's a bit creepy. Like for me shes sweet and nice but I dunno if it's a bit weird. Like she seems down to do sexual stuff but I think it might be a bit creepy. Anyone got any advice

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Yeah, it's creepy. You're an adult and she's not even of legal age. Don't wanna get branded as a nonce.
Reply 2
Original post by Jmoore12
Yeah, it's creepy. You're an adult and she's not even of legal age. Don't wanna get branded as a nonce.

Facts ima just tell her how it is
Reply 3
Should I tell her to wait till shes 16 or just cut her off
Original post by Anonymous
Hi guys so recently I met a girl whos 2 years younger than me. I will be turning 18 in January but she will be 15 until May when she turns 16. Theoretically, she's only 2 years younger but from January to May she's 3 years, and I dunno if it's a bit creepy. Like for me shes sweet and nice but I dunno if it's a bit weird. Like she seems down to do sexual stuff but I think it might be a bit creepy. Anyone got any advice

There's a special place in hell for 18/19 year olds who date 15/16 year olds. Talk to girls your own age / wait till she's older.
g

Original post by bong69rip420
There's a special place in hell for 18/19 year olds who date 15/16 year olds. Talk to girls your own age / wait till she's older.

I get what your saying....but most parents have an age gap of 2/3/4 years.....
Reply 6

you know what really happened we met at a party where she came with her older cousin so I thought for weeks she was my age but turns out she weren't so that's why Im shocked cause I've never done this
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
g

I get what your saying....but most parents have an age gap of 2/3/4 years.....

my parents have an 11 year age gap - but there's a significant difference between them dating at 31 and 42 than 5 and 16.

When people in their final year of 6th form / at University want to date those in y10/11, it's weird and not normal.
you know what really happened we met at a party where she came with her older cousin so I thought for weeks she was my age but turns out she weren't so that's why Im shocked cause I've never done this

Yea to be fair brother, it sounds like you're a good guy and it isn't something you've looked for. The fact that you're asking TSR though suggests that you know it's wrong / frowned upon.
my parents have an 11 year age gap - but there's a significant difference between them dating at 31 and 42 than 5 and 16.

When people in their final year of 6th form / at University want to date those in y10/11, it's weird and not normal.

but then when your dad was 11 your mum was just born (or vice versa) soo?

But i do get what your saying...your point is valid.
Yea to be fair brother, it sounds like you're a good guy and it isn't something you've looked for. The fact that you're asking TSR though suggests that you know it's wrong / frowned upon.

ye like i am just going to tell her the truth but the thing is what if she says we can start talking again when I'm 16 like its still 2 years. i don't want to upset her cause it seems like she likes me a lot but need to end this asap
Original post by Wannabevetnurse
but then when your dad was 11 your mum was just born (or vice versa) soo?

But i do get what your saying...your point is valid.

Mum is the older one actually.

"soooo?" what lmao? They didn't start dating till he was in his 30s. Had this guy started dating the girl when they were older, there would be no problem. 15 and 18 are two different stages in your life. 15 you are still a child and live with your parents whilst at 18, you are granted much more freedom (most even move away from home for University etc) and for the most part, are seen as an adult.
bit sketchy ther my g,

would have got baited for that in my school.
Think 1 year is okay at that age, any more is classed as nonce.
Actually ther was 1 couple that was upper sixth fella and a lass from yr 11.
They didn't get as much hate, they are still together now.

Wait til she's 16 at a bare bare bare minimum.
Reply 14
Wait till shes 16 then get into the relationship
Thanks everyone I am going to end it and see what happens in the future. I knew it was wrong just needed clarification. BTW I only knew she was younger yesterday so needed time to process.
Thanks everyone I am going to end it and see what happens in the future. I knew it was wrong just needed clarification. BTW I only knew she was younger yesterday so needed time to process.

Thats good, she is 15 so you cant do anything sexual with her even if she is down cause that is illegal and she cant consent.
In theory the age gap is fine however right now she’s too young wait till she’s 16 at the very least. Unfortunately, the age wait is inconvenient, however it might be worth it once she becomes older.

I have no issue dating 16/17 year olds as long as you are considerate and careful. Just be aware of boundaries and stay away from anything sexual till she’s 18.
Thats good, she is 15 so you cant do anything sexual with her even if she is down cause that is illegal and she cant consent.

Original post by DrEwanA
In theory the age gap is fine however right now she’s too young wait till she’s 16 at the very least. Unfortunately, the age wait is inconvenient, however it might be worth it once she becomes older.

I have no issue dating 16/17 year olds as long as you are considerate and careful. Just be aware of boundaries and stay away from anything sexual till she’s 18.

Thank you guys i just broke it to her and she took it surprisingly well so we'll see what happens
Thank you guys i just broke it to her and she took it surprisingly well so we'll see what happens

Aw I’m sorry! Thank you for thinking it through though for her sake and yours. You’ll be surprised how many don’t :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending