The Student Room Group

Dropping out

I am planning on dropping out this christmas. Will there be any implications with student finance?
Original post by Anonymous
I am planning on dropping out this christmas. Will there be any implications with student finance?

I dropped out a few weeks ago. Basically when the uni confirms you have withdrawn they will tell finance.
Reply 2
Original post by Studentystudent!
I dropped out a few weeks ago. Basically when the uni confirms you have withdrawn they will tell finance.

Did they make you pay back the money of the term?
Did they make you pay back the money of the term?

So far I’ve heard nothing from them. But I assume they will. I get money back on my accommodation though as someone took it over so it will hopefully balance out. And as you will do the full term you won’t have to pay back anything for the term as you used all of the money, though you may need to pay I think it’s half of your degree money so you may owe some more.
Reply 4
So far I’ve heard nothing from them. But I assume they will. I get money back on my accommodation though as someone took it over so it will hopefully balance out. And as you will do the full term you won’t have to pay back anything for the term as you used all of the money, though you may need to pay I think it’s half of your degree money so you may owe some more.

By half of the degree you mean the rest of this academic year?
By half of the degree you mean the rest of this academic year?

I guess it’s until December maybe a few weeks more.
Reply 6

Thank you for your response
Reply 7

Why did you drop out of you dont mind me asking
Why did you drop out of you dont mind me asking

The uni wouldn’t accommodate my needs for autism, so I need extra time so they decided I can either have no extra time or give the entire class extra time and open book (so they can look up answers and I can barely finish the exam), and uni was miserable during Covid. I had no lectures even online and no labs in a lab based degree. I was given text book pages from a text book I couldn’t get from the library, and YouTube videos to study from. I dropped out and will go to a different uni next year.

What is making you want to drop out if you don’t mind sharing?
Reply 9
The uni wouldn’t accommodate my needs for autism, so I need extra time so they decided I can either have no extra time or give the entire class extra time and open book (so they can look up answers and I can barely finish the exam), and uni was miserable during Covid. I had no lectures even online and no labs in a lab based degree. I was given text book pages from a text book I couldn’t get from the library, and YouTube videos to study from. I dropped out and will go to a different uni next year.

What is making you want to drop out if you don’t mind sharing?

Im really sorry to hear that, hopefully next year will be better.

I want to drop out because I have changed my mind about the course, plus im not really liking the uni very much. But hoping to apply for next year if possible too.
Im really sorry to hear that, hopefully next year will be better.

I want to drop out because I have changed my mind about the course, plus im not really liking the uni very much. But hoping to apply for next year if possible too.

That’s fair enough. 3 of my applications are for a different course. I would rather do those than the other 2 on the same course

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending