The Student Room Group

Crush too on someone older than me.

I have known this woman for about 5 years now. She is in her mid 30s I'd say. I do not have her number or anything but
I contact her through social media and she is so funny and makes me feel so happy.
I'm 20 (21 in a week).
And I really do have a MASSIVE crush on this woman. She has a child who is like 3.
She moved away (about 45 mins away from where I live) and she doesn't know my address or anything but knows which area I live and I have been talking to her and we have been staying in touch and I really do like her.
She is so attractive and so funny and so caring. She is so nice when I talk to her about my mental health she' doesn't need to be there for me but she is. She is also willing to just let me vent out.
I'm a girl by the way.
But when I see her message, my heart honestly flutters and talking to her helps me, mentally so much. When I'm having a bad day messaging her makes me feel so much better. I really really do like her. She is an angel. She is honestly one of the most nicest people I have ever met.

I really like her so much, I have for so many years now and I just do not know what to do or how to get over her!!!
If you are aiming to get over her, talking to her is not a good idea. I know how hard it is to get over someone you have liked for ages, and it will hurt. But like they say no pain no gain. Realistically will you ever be together? If no then you have to do this for yourself and for her. If you want to talk about getting over someone let me know
Reply 2
Original post by nataliegorenx
If you are aiming to get over her, talking to her is not a good idea. I know how hard it is to get over someone you have liked for ages, and it will hurt. But like they say no pain no gain. Realistically will you ever be together? If no then you have to do this for yourself and for her. If you want to talk about getting over someone let me know

I really do try!!! I have tried to not talk to her and then a week will go by and it will feel so hard and then I just have to message her asking her how she is!

Do you think that she is trying to be distant from me too, when she doesn't respond to all my messages?

Its so hard. I like her so so much!!!
Original post by Anonymous
I really do try!!! I have tried to not talk to her and then a week will go by and it will feel so hard and then I just have to message her asking her how she is!

Do you think that she is trying to be distant from me too, when she doesn't respond to all my messages?

Its so hard. I like her so so much!!!

Do you want to private message me?

Are you offering to fill the vacancy?
Original post by YaliaV123
Are you offering to fill the vacancy?

No aha, i meant to talk about how to get over someone
Reply 6

Can we just talk about it on here and give the advice you can please?!

Also you said that 'you have to do it for her' - I know I need to do it for myself so I can move on but what do you mean by doing it for her?

Thanks.
Can we just talk about it on here and give the advice you can please?!

Also you said that 'you have to do it for her' - I know I need to do it for myself so I can move on but what do you mean by doing it for her?

Thanks.

It sounds like she really cares about you but i dont think, unless she does and i am wrong, feel the same way. If she has a child it isnt easy for her- trust me, but i mean that you should try and get over her so it doesnt ruin the friendship between you
Reply 8
It sounds like she really cares about you but i dont think, unless she does and i am wrong, feel the same way. If she has a child it isnt easy for her- trust me, but i mean that you should try and get over her so it doesnt ruin the friendship between you

I understand she does care, she's always willing to offer advice when needed she has even said to me that she's doesn't mind me talking to her about things. And she's provided me with a safe space over the last few years. She's such a humble human being and her personality is what I'm so attracted to.
I agree, I know she doesn't feel the same way about me, I mean she has a wife!
I just cannot stop thinking about her and caring about her. I have told her that she is an absolute angel. And she is so patient as well! There are times where I have said some impolite things due to being so upset and bless her she has still been there for me and understood.

Its been so many years and at times I have thought about telling her that I care about her and think about her alot and that I know nothing can happen between us, but I just wanted to let it out, so I can hopefully move on and its up to her whether she still wants to speak to me after that.
But at the same time I'm scared about what her response will be!

Is there an indirect way of telling someone you care about them and think about them, without actually making it sound like you have a crush on them!!!

Again, thanks a lot for your support! :smile:
I understand she does care, she's always willing to offer advice when needed she has even said to me that she's doesn't mind me talking to her about things. And she's provided me with a safe space over the last few years. She's such a humble human being and her personality is what I'm so attracted to.
I agree, I know she doesn't feel the same way about me, I mean she has a wife!
I just cannot stop thinking about her and caring about her. I have told her that she is an absolute angel. And she is so patient as well! There are times where I have said some impolite things due to being so upset and bless her she has still been there for me and understood.

Its been so many years and at times I have thought about telling her that I care about her and think about her alot and that I know nothing can happen between us, but I just wanted to let it out, so I can hopefully move on and its up to her whether she still wants to speak to me after that.
But at the same time I'm scared about what her response will be!

Is there an indirect way of telling someone you care about them and think about them, without actually making it sound like you have a crush on them!!!

Again, thanks a lot for your support! :smile:

Happy to help! Try saying how you feel but before you send it change love into like and anything else into 'mate' 'friend' etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending