The Student Room Group

BTEC Applied Science

I am planning on taking BTEC Applied Science in September, because I have a strong interest in the Sciences (including Maths) and a willingness to learn, especially about the practical side and the real world applications of those subjects.

I also have an interest in Engineering, but I'm not interested in the Engineering course that will likely be on offer at City College Norwich in September 2021 as I intend on going to Uni (after a gap period), and the course will not be a BTEC, or T Level course.

This means that most Unis won't take it as seriously as a BTEC, therefore I've decided to change my plans to get me onto a BTEC course that a Uni will take seriously, and will open a wide variety of doors, from Computing, to Natural Sciences, to Law, etc.

What do you think? I also plan on taking A Level Maths. Is this a good idea? I have already done a BTEC Foundation Diploma in Computing and got an M (Merit) grade. Could I just do the BTEC Foundation Diploma in Applied Science alongside AS Level Maths instead? Or am I better off doing the full 2 year courses?
Original post by CletusPotter
I am planning on taking BTEC Applied Science in September, because I have a strong interest in the Sciences (including Maths) and a willingness to learn, especially about the practical side and the real world applications of those subjects.

I also have an interest in Engineering, but I'm not interested in the Engineering course that will likely be on offer at City College Norwich in September 2021 as I intend on going to Uni (after a gap period), and the course will not be a BTEC, or T Level course.

This means that most Unis won't take it as seriously as a BTEC, therefore I've decided to change my plans to get me onto a BTEC course that a Uni will take seriously, and will open a wide variety of doors, from Computing, to Natural Sciences, to Law, etc.

What do you think? I also plan on taking A Level Maths. Is this a good idea? I have already done a BTEC Foundation Diploma in Computing and got an M (Merit) grade. Could I just do the BTEC Foundation Diploma in Applied Science alongside AS Level Maths instead? Or am I better off doing the full 2 year courses?

Hi there,
Im doing btech applied science let me tell you this course is amazing but somethings can be painful you also wnat to do alevel maths i mean in btech applied science is like maths and english combined with science knowlegde if you know what i mean
Original post by your mongolian
Hi there,
Im doing btech applied science let me tell you this course is amazing but somethings can be painful you also wnat to do alevel maths i mean in btech applied science is like maths and english combined with science knowlegde if you know what i mean

Certain courses e.g. Geophysics at the UEA, do ask for A Level Maths alongside BTEC Applied Science though: https://www.uea.ac.uk/course/undergraduate/bsc-geophysics and from what I've been told it's inadvisable to apply for certain courses e.g. Computer Science with just BTEC Applied Science on its own.
Hi there,

do not even mention chi squared to me

what the heck
Original post by boxofcloud69
do not even mention chi squared to me

what the heck

chi-square darling I'm doing unit 1 isnt chi square unit 3
chi-square darling I'm doing unit 1 isnt chi square unit 3

no idea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending