The Student Room Group

Will this affect my ucas application

Hi so I’m doing my ucas as an external candidate
I had decided a few days ago that I was going to take my original 2/3 a levels, however I had told my reference that I was going to do an extra a level which now I’m not doing as I don’t see the point in it.
Will this effect my ucas application as it’s already sent off?
Original post by npic9
I had decided a few days ago that I was going to take my original 2/3 a levels, however I had told my reference that I was going to do an extra a level which now I’m not doing as I don’t see the point in it.

Yes you need to inform the universities you've applied to if the extra a level is included in your application.
Reply 2
Original post by Muttley79
Yes you need to inform the universities you've applied to if the extra a level is included in your application.

I’m not doing the extra a level anymore but my reference tutor had included it
Original post by npic9
I’m not doing the extra a level anymore but my reference tutor had included it

OK so you need to contact your unis to tell them.
Original post by npic9

If you put this extra A level down on your UCAS form (in the qualifications section along with your other A levels) then you need to inform UCAS as well as your unis that you are no longer taking it
Fill in the form to get ucas to amend your application first: https://www.ucas.com/content/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application

When ucas confirm that the pending A level is no longer part of your education section THEN notify your universities in writing.

They’re unlikely to be bothered but it’s important to notify them so that you’re protected from being rejected on a technicality
Reply 6
Original post by harrysbar
If you put this extra A level down on your UCAS form (in the qualifications section along with your other A levels) then you need to inform UCAS as well as your unis that you are no longer taking it

I didn’t put it down on my ucas application, as I changed my mind but I remembered that my reference had noted it down
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
Fill in the form to get ucas to amend your application first: https://www.ucas.com/content/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application

When ucas confirm that the pending A level is no longer part of your education section THEN notify your universities in writing.

They’re unlikely to be bothered but it’s important to notify them so that you’re protected from being rejected on a technicality

I didn’t put it down on my ucas application on the qualification part, as I changed my mind by then but I just remembered that my reference had noted it down
Original post by npic9
I didn’t put it down on my ucas application on the qualification part, as I changed my mind by then but I just remembered that my reference had noted it down

In that case I would email your choices to explain why your ref may have mentioned a subject not listed in your pending qualifications.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending