The Student Room Group

How to make friends at 17 years old

I haven't had close friends for like 2 years now, very lonley and shy do find it difficult to talk to people.
Are you still at college and if so just talk to the people around you, you can’t force them to be friends with you but this could happen naturally ( even by just smiling at them and then talking later on ).
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Are you still at college and if so just talk to the people around you, you can’t force them to be friends with you but this could happen naturally ( even by just smiling at them and then talking later on ).

In my final year and doing online lessons, in year 12 i tried this but didn't connect with anyone plus most people already formed friendship groups from secondary
heyyyy, it's hard ik most people already make friendship groups and are sorted for 2 years :frown: i've always been loud i guess maybe when in class (when we go back)talk to the person sat next to you? say do you get this work? or something engage in conversation i guess..

if you want to talk im here you can always pm me idm enjoy the rest of the weekend! xx
Original post by Anonymous
I haven't had close friends for like 2 years now, very lonley and shy do find it difficult to talk to people.

We’re the same I am also in this situation
Reply 5
Original post by theoneyoulove
heyyyy, it's hard ik most people already make friendship groups and are sorted for 2 years :frown: i've always been loud i guess maybe when in class (when we go back)talk to the person sat next to you? say do you get this work? or something engage in conversation i guess..

if you want to talk im here you can always pm me idm enjoy the rest of the weekend! xx

Its so awkward to talk to people bc of covid :/
Original post by aaaxo
Its so awkward to talk to people bc of covid :/

yeahhh igy, maybe if you sit with someone in lesson if they get stuck help them? or just say hi? you'll have a mask on so it's fine dw about covid just dont 'touch' them i guess?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending