The Student Room Group

Eligibility-please help

I have recently applied to postgraduate Master's course. I have also been living in the UK for 10 years and have the settled status .

I have also studied at university here, currently doing my final year and therefore applied to student finance before. My undergrad course was 3 years and as far as I kniw SF covera 4 years, so I should be able to do another year as Master's.

However, I am not sure if I will be eligible for student finance for my master's course due to Brexit-and I am not a UK national either, dont have my citizenship, just the settled status.

Can someone please help!
(edited 3 years ago)
The best person to ask is @SFE Isaac
He's an official SFE representative. I've tagged him so he'll see it in his notifications when he next logs in and be able to advise you better than anyone else here can
Original post by MedicWil
The best person to ask is @SFE Isaac
He's an official SFE representative. I've tagged him so he'll see it in his notifications when he next logs in and be able to advise you better than anyone else here can

Original post by tsroli65
I have recently applied to postgraduate Master's course. I have also been living in the UK for 10 years and have the settled status .

I have also studied at university here, currently doing my final year and therefore applied to student finance before. My undergrad course was 3 years and as far as I kniw SF covera 4 years, so I should be able to do another year as Master's.

However, I am not sure if I will be eligible for student finance for my master's course due to Brexit-and I am not a UK national either, dont have my citizenship, just the settled status.

Can someone please help!

Hi there, it's a myth that we only cover 4 years. You have full EU Settled Status so you are classed as a home student. Your previous undergraduate study does not affect your eligibility for a postgraduate loan.

You should be eligible as long as you have had no previous masters study. You can find out more about the loan here http://ow.ly/Ny1s30oSf1Y
Thanks, Isaac
Hi Isaac, can you pls give me the email address for student finance UK appeals stage two pls. Thanks Samar

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending