The Student Room Group

Does my degree from France have value in the UK?

I am in my second year of a French and English Literature degree at a French university. I am from France and I have studied here all my life.
After my degree, I want to study for a Journalism Masters in the UK, but people have told me that I will not be able to do this because my undergraduate degree from France is not worth as much as an undergrad degree from England. Is this true?
Haters will hate
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Haters will hate

But are said haters correct?
Reply 3
I am in my second year of a French and English Literature degree at a French university. I am from France and I have studied here all my life.
After my degree, I want to study for a Journalism Masters in the UK, but people have told me that I will not be able to do this because my undergraduate degree from France is not worth as much as an undergrad degree from England. Is this true?

No, that isn't true at all.

I think that the most helpful thing for you would be to touch base with a Department of Journalism in the UK and ask whether your particular degree will be considered as suitable for entry. I would recommend starting with City, which has a good track record in journalism.

https://www.city.ac.uk/about/schools/arts-social-sciences/journalism#unit=study
Reply 4
Original post by Kerzen
No, that isn't true at all.

I think that the most helpful thing for you would be to touch base with a Department of Journalism in the UK and ask whether your particular degree will be considered as suitable for entry. I would recommend starting with City, which has a good track record in journalism.

https://www.city.ac.uk/about/schools/arts-social-sciences/journalism#unit=study

thank you I will do this now.
Reply 5
thank you I will do this now.

Let us know what they say. I would have thought they would find your degree more than acceptable. I have no reason to think that a degree from a French University would not be valued in the UK. The only time might be if the modules studied were not a good preparation for a particular Post-Graduate course, but that would be less common.
Reply 6
Original post by Kerzen
Let us know what they say. I would have thought they would find your degree more than acceptable. I have no reason to think that a degree from a French University would not be valued in the UK. The only time might be if the modules studied were not a good preparation for a particular Post-Graduate course, but that would be less common.

Yes that makes sense, but it should be fine. I have sent them an email and I'm awaiting the response :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending