The Student Room Group

Can't forgive my sibling

My parents got divorced a few months ago and were planning to just split up then get to separate places but because of my ******* sister crying like a ****ing baby they decided to stay together which isn't good as we have regular arguments happening downstairs. Divorced parents live in separate houses or what is the whole ****ing point of getting one. At the time I was so excited to get a second home and I could have the option to choose what house to go to and went on a property viewing as well and it so nice. The house had spare bedrooms which could have been like a play room to get a PS4 in or even a ps5 in, we could have got a pc as well in there but now the **** has ruined it. I can’t forgive my sister for what she’s done she’s costed us a house and we were going to have it as an investment in a few years.
Hey, as a person who's been through something pretty similar, I can understand what you're going through and I'm really sorry you've to go through this. How old is your sister? Is she pretty young? Tbh i was your sister too when i was younger and god, now i wish i wasn't, but you can't really blame her for not understanding. It takes quite a lot of time to process such things and you tend to think of your parents as 'parents' and not really as adults with relationship problems and its not really her fault if you think of it that way. I totally understand you feeling extremely upset about it, but the only way you could make this better is to talk to her more, (which you probably may have) and make her understand that staying seperately is probably the best for everyone in the family.
Original post by Anonymous
My parents got divorced a few months ago and were planning to just split up then get to separate places but because of my ******* sister crying like a ****ing baby they decided to stay together which isn't good as we have regular arguments happening downstairs. Divorced parents live in separate houses or what is the whole ****ing point of getting one. At the time I was so excited to get a second home and I could have the option to choose what house to go to and went on a property viewing as well and it so nice. The house had spare bedrooms which could have been like a play room to get a PS4 in or even a ps5 in, we could have got a pc as well in there but now the **** has ruined it. I can’t forgive my sister for what she’s done she’s costed us a house and we were going to have it as an investment in a few years.

Bro STFU ur a selfish ******* u don't care about ur family u just want a gaming room then u come complaining here thinking ur right
Reply 3
Original post by the_pharaoh
Bro STFU ur a selfish ******* u don't care about ur family u just want a gaming room then u come complaining here thinking ur right

Its not just for a gaming ffs, I've given other reasons dumb ass
Reply 4
Hey, as a person who's been through something pretty similar, I can understand what you're going through and I'm really sorry you've to go through this. How old is your sister? Is she pretty young? Tbh i was your sister too when i was younger and god, now i wish i wasn't, but you can't really blame her for not understanding. It takes quite a lot of time to process such things and you tend to think of your parents as 'parents' and not really as adults with relationship problems and its not really her fault if you think of it that way. I totally understand you feeling extremely upset about it, but the only way you could make this better is to talk to her more, (which you probably may have) and make her understand that staying seperately is probably the best for everyone in the family.

I think she's 15
I think she's 15

You 'think' ? This is surely something you should actually know
how old r u?
Reply 7
You may have good reasons for feeling life would be less fraught if your parents lived in different houses but your post comes across as incredibly self-centred, immature and unsympathetic to what the rest of your family is going through. I appreciate you're finding this hard, but so is everyone else. Break ups are difficult for everyone and I'm sure your sister is not the only reason your parents have stayed in one house. Try to look beyond what you want and you may find it easier to cope with what is happening.
Reply 8
Original post by ReadingMum
You 'think' ? This is surely something you should actually know

I have never really asked

Original post by castilloboi
how old r u?

I'd rather not say
Reply 9
Original post by Compost
You may have good reasons for feeling life would be less fraught if your parents lived in different houses but your post comes across as incredibly self-centred, immature and unsympathetic to what the rest of your family is going through. I appreciate you're finding this hard, but so is everyone else. Break ups are difficult for everyone and I'm sure your sister is not the only reason your parents have stayed in one house. Try to look beyond what you want and you may find it easier to cope with what is happening.

I don't see what the issue is our parents splitting up
Its not just for a gaming ffs, I've given other reasons dumb ass

Yes but just mentioning something that selfish suggests that these other reasons are just to make yourself look good
Original post by the_pharaoh
Yes but just mentioning something that selfish suggests that these other reasons are just to make yourself look good

But that's not the only reason. when parents divorce they separate buy separate houses and thats just it
This thread is a mess....

You were happy that your parents were getting divorced. Mad. Just cos you wanted a game.

Learn to be happy with what you have.
Theres a lot to unpack here.

1. I'm really sorry that you're living in a difficult situation with your parents. If they'd been considering getting a divorce and arguing I know from experience that it's not a nice environment to be in.
2. Your parents deciding not to get a divorce isn't your sister's decision or fault. Your parents are adults, have the ability to make their own decisions and I have no doubt there are a lot of underlying reasons why there were planning on getting a divorce. What is more likely happening is they're conflicted about how they feel about each other (loving each other but knowing that they're arguing and creating an unpleasant environment for everyone.)
3. Have a look at your post again. You seem to be fixated about your parents remaining together because you've not got a play room out of the situation. You might want to have a think about what is actually important.
This has most definitely been posted before ages back.
But that's not the only reason. when parents divorce they separate buy separate houses and thats just it

ur missing the point the idea that u wanted ur parents to divorce for a gaming room is absurd even if there are other reasons

u should be happy ur sister did u a favour
Reply 16
Ugh not you whining about not getting your second house again. You've moaned about this for the past year.

There is more to life than a second house, stop being so selfish.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 17
Your sister is upset because she naturally wants her mum and dad to stay together.

You are on here complaining you're upset because you now won't get a second house, Playstation or PC.

And who is the crying baby???
Original post by deadroseex
This has most definitely been posted before ages back.

I've noticed this too. Theres this weird thing on this forum where identical or near identical posts are regularly made. Sometimes they are deleted. Ive started to respond by saying things like 'why dont you read over the advice youve been given on 5 separate occasions for this same matter...'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending