The Student Room Group

University of Liverpool A101 2021 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by asphodel77
I didn’t. But I don’t seem to get any of their generic emails for some reason 🙄 I hope this isn’t a sign for a rejection for those who don’t get it 😳

UPDATE: I am one of those people who worries about missing something so I sent them an email asking about it. They were super speedy replying to me and reassured that not everyone needs to fill in the fee status form - 'only sent out to applicants that require one'. I feel silly now :tongue:

Thanks for asking haha! I was worrying this morning. Tbf thinking about it there are literally 100s of offers given out for A100 and so you’d expect wayyy more of them to mention receiving the form over on the A100 thread if that was the case.
Original post by diekatze
Thanks for asking haha! I was worrying this morning. Tbf thinking about it there are literally 100s of offers given out for A100 and so you’d expect wayyy more of them to mention receiving the form over on the A100 thread if that was the case.

I’m based in ROI so make sense I got it....I genuinely think it’s just to confirm status of those outside the UK.
Has anyone else had an invite to apply for accomodation email? Just wondering if it’s a standard one everyone that had an interview gets or it means something more..
Original post by izzyparker14
Has anyone else had an invite to apply for accomodation email? Just wondering if it’s a standard one everyone that had an interview gets or it means something more..

Haven’t received anything over here but I’m fairly local so if I was accepted for Liverpool, I think I put on my UCAS application I would be living with parents and commuting to uni, therefore not living in student accommodation ! So I’m not sure if everyone will receive the email
(edited 3 years ago)

Yep I did but I just assumed it went to everyone who applied?
Reply 85

I haven't received anything, so maybe it is something more
Original post by CJPGEM
I haven't received anything, so maybe it is something more

I really don’t think we should be reading Into these emails I don’t think it means anything and it’s just worrying people who didn’t get them. So let’s sit tight wait for the offers and best of luck everyone!
Original post by dee_26
I really don’t think we should be reading Into these emails I don’t think it means anything and it’s just worrying people who didn’t get them. So let’s sit tight wait for the offers and best of luck everyone!

I think it’s only natural and human to read into things when we’ve all been waiting so long for any correspondence at all, especially when you have limited options for offers out of ur choices. Also considering the student room is the only place I can talk with other people applying about things I thought it was a reasonable post! I know it doesn’t confirm or deny I just thought I’d check
(edited 3 years ago)
I got one - i am local to liverpool already but I probably ticked a box saying I’d move out (because I already do live out of my parents house anyway?) . I think I bombed my liverpool interview so I wouldn’t read much into it
I think it’s only natural and human to read into things when we’ve all been waiting so long for any correspondence at all, especially when you have limited options for offers out of ur choices.

Agreed, I’m just saying it might be creating anxiety for people who haven’t got these emails. Hopefully it is a positive sign for you.
Original post by dee_26
Agreed, I’m just saying it might be creating anxiety for people who haven’t got these emails. Hopefully it is a positive sign for you.

I hardly ever use student room but I thought this was a place where you could talk to applicants about correspondence so you feel less alone in the application process especially when I’ve experienced radio silence from some of my uni options. The last thing I’m trying to do is cause anxiety, this is the same as people asking whether people got work experience forms earlier!
I applied last year and had the accommodation email but didn’t get an offer, so I’m not going to put too much thought into it!
Original post by GEMbasil
I applied last year and had the accommodation email but didn’t get an offer, so I’m not going to put too much thought into it!

okay cool, thank you for letting me know :smile:
I just got an email and it says “As you have been invited to an interview at the University of Liverpool, we would like to invite you to apply for accommodation.

So I think they’re probably sending them out in batches to all candidates who have been interviewed, I wouldn’t stress about it
I hardly ever use student room but I thought this was a place where you could talk to applicants about correspondence so you feel less alone in the application process especially when I’ve experienced radio silence from some of my uni options. The last thing I’m trying to do is cause anxiety, this is the same as people asking whether people got work experience forms earlier!

That wasn’t my intention. I’m just thinking of how people who might not get the emails might get upset seeing that others were getting them and read into it they weren’t getting offers. You’re free of course to discuss what you want I was just offering my opinion. I mean you no ill will and hope you are very successful in your application
(edited 3 years ago)
I didn't receive the email - I never seem to get any generic emails from them for some reason... But I have logged into Liverpool life with the student ID and created PIN and it gives me the option to look at & book accommodation if I wish and it doesn't say anything more than that. For those who haven't received an email regarding this, don't worry as I'm pretty sure its likely to be an oversight and not an indication of whether you get an offer or not. Contact the university for your student number if you want to apply for halls and if you are/ were a student at the university, the student ID will be the same as your original (mine is).
Reply 96
Original post by GEMbasil

Same for me...
Dare we hope for this week... :tongue:
Obviously it would be great, and I'm probably dreaming but I'm just wondering since they've been asking for people to confirm fee status asap. It's been almost 13 weeks since most if not all interviews - which is over double the length of time they took last year to send decisions and its mid march. They said before end of March, so I'm not being completely unrealistic haha

Anyone find weekends torture? Nothing ever happens on a weekend and given the pandemic the world seems to halt :rolleyes:
Original post by asphodel77
Dare we hope for this week... :tongue:
Obviously it would be great, and I'm probably dreaming but I'm just wondering since they've been asking for people to confirm fee status asap. It's been almost 13 weeks since most if not all interviews - which is over double the length of time they took last year to send decisions and its mid march. They said before end of March, so I'm not being completely unrealistic haha

Anyone find weekends torture? Nothing ever happens on a weekend and given the pandemic the world seems to halt :rolleyes:

Fingers crossed it’s sooner rather than later, I have serious tunnel vision and cannot focus my mind on anything else !!!
Original post by TheRareGEM21
Fingers crossed it’s sooner rather than later, I have serious tunnel vision and cannot focus my mind on anything else !!!

Ugh I know right! I go in weekly cycles of hoping early week to being sad late week hahaha! I really hope they surprise us and get offers out today so we know where we stand :colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending