The Student Room Group

17, Is it fine if i take mass gainer shakes?

I turned 17 this week, I've been doing 400 pushups and a 8 minutes killer ab workout everyday for over a month now, my genetics push me towards being skinny, I always had the thought of adding the shake to my diet, but is it safe to do so at 17?
Those workouts are pretty useless, following a proper program would be much more beneficial.
Yes they are safe but its alot healthier and cheaper to make your own.
Reply 2
Original post by Dax_Swagg3r
Those workouts are pretty useless, following a proper program would be much more beneficial.
Yes they are safe but its alot healthier and cheaper to make your own.

what would you consider a proper program?
Original post by headlesscat
what would you consider a proper program?

U have access to a gym?
Reply 4
U have access to a gym?

no, but I have a bench and can get weights.
no, but I have a bench and can get weights.

How heavy?
Reply 6
How heavy?

I used to do 3 sets, 12 reps of 8kgs a couple of months back, but I can get however heavy I want, I wanna completely revise my weights workout, dunno to what tho
I used to do 3 sets, 12 reps of 8kgs a couple of months back, but I can get however heavy I want, I wanna completely revise my weights workout, dunno to what tho

can u get a rack too?
Reply 8
can u get a rack too?

got that too
got that too

Alright nice then you can follow a normal gym program pretty well. How many days would u like to work out?
Alright nice then you can follow a normal gym program pretty well. How many days would u like to work out?

5 days a week
5 days a week

I have attached a program for any machine/cable exercises u can look up replacements.
I mean protein shakes aren’t exactly gonna kill you but I don’t really think you need it, especially at this stage. There’s no substitute for real food so you should be focusing on eating more and and obviously working out as well. What are your goals? What is your nutrition like at the moment?
Original post by RichPiana
I mean protein shakes aren’t exactly gonna kill you but I don’t really think you need it, especially at this stage. There’s no substitute for real food so you should be focusing on eating more and and obviously working out as well. What are your goals? What is your nutrition like at the moment?

I'm aiming for a built lean body, I try my best to calculate my cals but it's really difficult, I make sure I'm never hungry, I snack on nuts, eat a ton of rice and chicken breast, I'm open to recommendations to my diet too.
I have attached a program for any machine/cable exercises u can look up replacements.

Thanks bro, will do.
Original post by LordBerkut
They're just whey powder, sugar and vegetable oil. Perfectly safe unless you have advanced kidney disease. More than 100-200 surplus calories per day will probably just become fat though.

Getting fat is the least of my concerns

Quick Reply

Latest