The Student Room Group

Armed forces medical questions?

Hi all.
I’ve seen many posts on TSR generally asking questions regarding how a medical condition might affect application etc - but I know really there is no way of finding out without finding out through the armed forces themselves.

Is there any way to contact somebody who is able to provide this definite information before making an application? How might I go about this? Thanks !
Original post by csmith20
Hi all.
I’ve seen many posts on TSR generally asking questions regarding how a medical condition might affect application etc - but I know really there is no way of finding out without finding out through the armed forces themselves.

Is there any way to contact somebody who is able to provide this definite information before making an application? How might I go about this? Thanks !

Sorry, you say that you know what the answer is and then you ask the question anyway?

There's no cure for stupid!
Reply 2
Original post by threeportdrift
Sorry, you say that you know what the answer is and then you ask the question anyway?

There's no cure for stupid

I said , I have seen many questions on TSR about how a medical condition might affect application. For example, I see people describing their asthma symptoms and then asking if that is acceptable. Or describing their opticians report and asking if that makes them unsuitable to be an RAF pilot. Those sorts of questions cannot be answered other than by the armed forces.

Which led me onto my second point. - is there any way to contact somebody who is able to provide this definite information before making an application? TSR doesn’t likely have people who can advise on the armed forces medical policy, but perhaps somebody on TSR knows how to get in touch with the correct department.
^An application to the armed forces can take a fair amount of time to process - it could be weeks or months before you’re at the medical stage of the application. To then go through a lengthy medical process and find out you have a disqualifying condition is a waste of your time, and the taxpayers money. So it would be ideal to have somebody you could ask for certain about a condition, before applying. I meant is there a way to contact somebody within the armed forces for that information - as the AFCOs don’t tend to have that information on hand.

Being a forum “helper”, I’m surprised you didn’t think what could’ve been meant by my question ... but never mind ... like you say no cure :wink:
Reply 3
Original post by csmith20
I meant is there a way to contact somebody within the armed forces for that information - as the AFCOs don’t tend to have that information on hand.

No

Quick Reply

Latest