The Student Room Group

Finance loan

Hi my parents are divorced and private people so my questions are is there a way that they can hide how much they earn and can I choose which parent for the loan as they both have partners but they don’t give me money?
Original post by Ale12345560
Hi my parents are divorced and private people so my questions are is there a way that they can hide how much they earn and can I choose which parent for the loan as they both have partners but they don’t give me money?

Hi, I forgot how Student Finance find out how much parents earn (I think they have to declare it or something). What I do remember is you can choose which parent you live with when applying for student finance and the amount you get is based off how much the household income is so if both the parent you choose and their partner have jobs then how much money per year they earn. If they choose not to fill out the declaration then I think you just get the minimum maintenance loan as tuition fee loan is paid regardless of household income.

Hi! @Ale12345560

You can choose which parent to put their earnings, but this has to be the parent you will put that you live with.
Regarding how private your parents are, their information is only shared with student finance, they don't even have to show you, as they do a separate form to what you will fill in.

I hope this helps!
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by Reddy5001
Hi, I forgot how Student Finance find out how much parents earn (I think they have to declare it or something). What I do remember is you can choose which parent you live with when applying for student finance and the amount you get is based off how much the household income is so if both the parent you choose and their partner have jobs then how much money per year they earn. If they choose not to fill out the declaration then I think you just get the minimum maintenance loan as tuition fee loan is paid regardless of household income.

Hi thank you for the response, do you know how much the minimum maintenance Loan is?
Hi thank you for the response, do you know how much the minimum maintenance Loan is?

Hi, from what I remember it is roughly £3000 ish per year but I'd recommend double checking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending