The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SHADOW_SCRIPT
XDDD no, they're saying that u dont need a prom to celebrate the end of Y11
and u can celebrate ur own way if u want

Well, this is what I said in the beginning. Don't go to the prom as it is haram.
actually, theres lots of fun, but u shld notice that the restrictions are to help us
...i guess its similar to the way some legal restrictions protect us

The analogy with legal restrictions is very successful and to the point!!
Original post by HumbleBee_x
No, doubt any school would have the courtesy and money to do that.

Yes they are cowards as it seems.
Original post by Lucifer323
Yes they are cowards as it seems.

umm actually, i think it wouldn't even be a good idea, a porm is a prob cause it has dancing and music, so i guess the school hyperthetically would prob prefer to have a regular casual party or sum
Original post by HumbleBee_x
Depends
Correct
Depends who you're dancing in front of
Correct

We all know what kind of dancing is this. It's usually people who are semi-naked.
umm actually, i think it wouldn't even be a good idea, a porm is a prob cause it has dancing and music, so i guess the school hyperthetically would prob prefer to have a regular casual party or sum

Yes unfortunately not much can be done.
Imagine: Only Muslims Prom!!!
Yes unfortunately not much can be done.
Imagine: Only Muslims Prom!!!

...ye... i wouldn't want that, it'd still have music cause its a prom
Are you sure about that?
You know what happens at proms? Young people start drinking, smoking, or even doing drugs and then engage in provocative and inappropriate behaviour by showing to other people parts of their body that needs to be covered.

Is this an event that you would like to go??
Is clearly haram.

I would only go to hang out with my own friends, and i am aware of what i would do pertaining to haram and halal.
Original post by Justaboutalive
I would only go to hang out with my own friends, and i am aware of what i would do pertaining to haram and halal.

i would rep u if i cld lol

It is still a risk though regardless of the good intentions.

My opinion is that proms should be avoided as they facilitate matters that are haram for Muslims. It's only for the Westerners who are usually atheists and have no values.
...ye... i wouldn't want that, it'd still have music cause its a prom

You can still have music with only Muslims attending the prom
You can still have music with only Muslims attending the prom

umm... no, Music is Makhrooh
i would rep u if i cld lol

lol thanks

It is still a risk though regardless of the good intentions.

My opinion is that proms should be avoided as they facilitate matters that are haram for Muslims. It's only for the Westerners who are usually atheists and have no values.

I would say if anyone feels they would be pressured into any haram activities, then don't go. But I personally feel i wouldn't be.
lol thanks

I would say if anyone feels they would be pressured into any haram activities, then don't go. But I personally feel i wouldn't be.

still, its literally impossible to avoid the music (committing a makhrooh act)
Reply 94
isnt fun to go out with the friends so you have memories for sure many other muslims do to prom before so it makes senseee
Original post by loraa11
isnt fun to go out with the friends so you have memories for sure many other muslims do to prom before so it makes senseee

u may want to check the words u missed lol, its a bit confusing (wat ur saying)
Reply 96
i was gonna go to mine but it got cancelled cuz of covid :cry: but yh you can go
lol thanks

Of course. Drinking & Smoking are the two obvious things. Dancing semi-naked and listening to Western corrupt music are the other two obvious matters. No Muslims should be going to proms
Original post by ^_^/
i was gonna go to mine but it got cancelled cuz of covid :cry: but yh you can go

prob a good thing tbh
still, its literally impossible to avoid the music (committing a makhrooh act)

Mm yeah true, unless you chill in like a separate room that doesn't play the music or ask the DJ to cater to your needs, they might tbh.

Latest

Trending

Trending