The Student Room Group

Bristol university - veterinary science

If I am attending Bristol university in September 2021 to study veterinary science, what is the best accommodation to apply for / stay at. There’s quite a lot different ones listed on the website, so I’m not sure what are the best ones.
Original post by Megan.thompson.x
If I am attending Bristol university in September 2021 to study veterinary science, what is the best accommodation to apply for / stay at. There’s quite a lot different ones listed on the website, so I’m not sure what are the best ones.

Hey, I'm in the same boat, just wondering if you managed to figure anything out since? I'm a little confused over whether vet science students stay on Langford or if you get accommodation in the city!
I haven’t had any replies to either of the posts that I posted about this. It’s really confusing. If you figure anything out please let me know. All I’ve done since is gone through all of the accommodations, have a look at the ones I like and crossing off the ones that have certain things that are no no’s for me :smile:
Reply 3
hi im in the same situation right now! may i know which accomms have you been considering? ive been looking into the east village halls mostly since they're pretty near the main campus and ive heard that vet sci lectures take place at the AIMS seminar centre since it's mainly a building for health sci courses. according to the virtual tour on their website it seems like many east accomms are pretty near to that building especially colston street and orchard heights. hope this can help a little!
Original post by Megan.thompson.x
I haven’t had any replies to either of the posts that I posted about this. It’s really confusing. If you figure anything out please let me know. All I’ve done since is gone through all of the accommodations, have a look at the ones I like and crossing off the ones that have certain things that are no no’s for me :smile:

Original post by hhhley
hi im in the same situation right now! may i know which accomms have you been considering? ive been looking into the east village halls mostly since they're pretty near the main campus and ive heard that vet sci lectures take place at the AIMS seminar centre since it's mainly a building for health sci courses. according to the virtual tour on their website it seems like many east accomms are pretty near to that building especially colston street and orchard heights. hope this can help a little!

Yeah the whole thing is really confusing, not sure whether people move out towards Langford or stay in the city. I'm on the graduate accelerated programme, thinking I might try and find a place between Bristol and the vet school, but not 100%. There's a bunch of accommodation Q&As coming up if you check the Bristol events site here:

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/virtual-bristol/undergraduate/

It's not all that clear though, West residential village seems pretty close to the city and the Langford campus though, good to start there I'd say!
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Rusty_Gearbox
Yeah the whole thing is really confusing, not sure whether people move out towards Langford or stay in the city. I'm on the graduate accelerated programme, thinking I might try and find a place between Bristol and the vet school, but not 100%. There's a bunch of accommodation Q&As coming up if you check the Bristol events site here:

https://www.bristol.ac.uk/study/virtual-bristol/undergraduate/

It's not all that clear though, West residential village seems pretty close to the city and the Langford campus though, good to start there I'd say!

I’ve just emailed the accommodation office to ask, as it’s not easy to work out. Will let you know when I get a response. There does seem to be a student portal where you can post to see if there are any spare rooms in houses. I’ve also asked about bus timetables.
Reply 6
Original post by Rusty_Gearbox
Hey, I'm in the same boat, just wondering if you managed to figure anything out since? I'm a little confused over whether vet science students stay on Langford or if you get accommodation in the city!

Hey! As far as I know our lectures r on main campus and u spend one day out at Langford
Reply 7
Hihi, offered the accelerated program for 2022. Seems you enrolled in 2021. What’s your advice for the accoms? Stay in Langford? Thanks much!
Reply 8
Hi, accepted for AGEP for 2022. How’s the rigor and is staying at Langford more convenient? Thanks in advance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending