The Student Room Group

My Best Mate Has changed

So ive invited my best mate a long time ago to my bbq and i just reminded him today for him to say me and my gf are going to the pub the day before fair eenough but hes making excuses like oh well be hung over or i dont wanna be around a lot of people yet now hes going to a protest the day of my bbq his gf is controlling and not nice at all

Why you tagging :lol:
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
So ive invited my best mate a long time ago to my bbq and i just reminded him today for him to say me and my gf are going to the pub the day before fair eenough but hes making excuses like oh well be hung over or i dont wanna be around a lot of people yet now hes going to a protest the day of my bbq his gf is controlling and not nice at all

you should talk to him but it seems like he doesn't value your friendship so tbh i'd just stop trying with him
Original post by CaptainDuckie

You're one of the most helpful person I know on TSR.
You're one of the most helpful person I know on TSR.

Yes, that is true.
Yes, that is true.

You know it makes sense. So what advice have you got to offer op?
Reply 7

So it’s not you making these threads then?
Reply 8

It sounds like he’s concerned about the covid restrictions easing. Just try and be chill around him, maybe invite him and just one or two others around to start with?
Reply 9
Original post by A1exei
It sounds like he’s concerned about the covid restrictions easing. Just try and be chill around him, maybe invite him and just one or two others around to start with?

but hes going to a protest and the pub??
Yes, that is true.

since you are so helpful help me with my English homework :smile:
Reply 11
but hes going to a protest and the pub??

Yeah that’s weird, I don’t know but I’ve found a lot of people have changed during lockdown. Could you maybe invite him without his gf if she’s controlling?
Original post by A1exei

Troll
:troll:
Reply 13
Troll
:troll:

Can you stop ? I know who you are
Original post by A1exei
Yeah that’s weird, I don’t know but I’ve found a lot of people have changed during lockdown. Could you maybe invite him without his gf if she’s controlling?

we try to, but she has to be with him all the time like she accused him of cheating once after going to superdrug
Reply 15
we try to, but she has to be with him all the time like she accused him of cheating once after going to superdrug

Ah she sounds like a control freak/clingy then. Maybe a lads trip? It’s unlikely that he’d respond well if you said she’s controlling though it’s temping, I’ve been there and done that lol
Original post by A1exei
Ah she sounds like a control freak/clingy then. Maybe a lads trip? It’s unlikely that he’d respond well if you said she’s controlling though it’s temping, I’ve been there and done that lol

idk how to approach it tbh
Lockdown probably caused you to drift apart (for him at least). Maybe he fears the awkwardness of the convo at the BBQ after atrophying social skills. Maybe it is his gf. I'd try one more time in a few weeks, and if he isn't receptive then leave it.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 18
idk how to approach it tbh

I agree with the above user
Original post by 4Skin
Lockdown probably caused you to drift apart (for him at least). Maybe he fears the awkwardness of the convo at the BBQ after atrophying social skills. Maybe it is his gf. I'd try one more time in a few weeks, and if he isn't receptive then leave it.

See, if a nything its brought us closer cause he newlry ended his life and I wa ways there for him but it's only really recently

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending