The Student Room Group

when does year 13 finish

i know it might be different for different sixth forms but i assumed that year 13 finishes whenever exams finish, which for me, is this week but my friend is saying that the government said that legally we can't leave until the 27th of may..?? and my sixth form hasn't told us when we are gonna finish
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by wiiparty
i know it might be different for different sixth forms but i assumed that year 13 finishes whenever exams finish, which for me, is this week but my friend is saying that the government said that legally we can't leave until the 27th of may..?? and my sixth form hasn't told us when we are gonna finish

Well my brother is in yr13 and he is finishing school for the last time today after his last exam is over. His school technically finished last friday but if you still had an exam you had to go in today.
Reply 2
I'm not sure where 27th May has come from - the general consensus among schools is that after your last exam, you're more or less finished, unless they're carrying on with some teaching (that seems pointless to me, but there are some schools doing it). The last date for teachers to submit your grades to exam boards is 18th June, and according to my head of sixth form the official legal end date is something like the 9th July (that may not be exactly right, it's sometime around that date). By that, he means we're legally enrolled at the school until that date, but we're on 'study leave' (he has to call it that so that we don't have to come in, but technically exams at my school finish this week). Again, it'll vary according to school, so I'd email one of your teachers and double-check what you actually have to come in for.
Original post by wiiparty

Your last exam is when you finish. Think about it, what are you going to do there for another week? They have nothing to teach you..

Quick Reply

Latest