The Student Room Group

how can i feel better about my size

im really self conscious and we have activities this week, i know im fat for my height (we love bmi) i mean like clothes 12/14 but it makes me feel so loowww
If you're really miserable about it just research how to live healthily and eat a proper diet / exercise. You can't really snap your fingers and suddenly feel happy about being overweight.

If you do decide to lose weight though you need to actually enjoy the new food that you eat and the exercise otherwise you won't stick to it.
Have you got big booty and curvy figure?
Original post by Mr T 999
Have you got big booty and curvy figure?

What has that got to do with the question?
Hey, I'm sorry you feel low :frown: I will say that almost every person has insecurities and feels down about themselves sometimes. I don't say that to make it sound like your insecurities aren't valid or don't matter, just that you're not alone. There are probably girls out there that are envious of your body- I know plenty of very very slim girls that just wish they could gain weight. They're gorgeous, and I have no doubt your gorgeous too but everyone is different and I think we're all much quicker to see the beauty in others than we are in ourselves. I think we tend to see others in an overall positive way whereas we focus on stuff we don't like about ourselves.

If you aren't comfortable with yourself, you do have the power to change that. Now I'm NOT saying there's anything wrong with you, that you NEED to change or that losing weight will make you feel better about yourself necessarily. We should work on loving ourselves no matter our size however I think everyone should feel strong and powerful in their bodies no matter their size. I'd encourage finding hobbies and maybe a sport that reminds you what your body is capable of and makes you feel great. You may lose weight, you may not. You may gain muscle and look more toned. But try and focus less on a particular size and more on how you feel (ie fuel yourself with stuff that's healthy and you enjoy, move in ways you find enjoyable and love doing) and the rest should follow. Health and beauty isn't one size :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Hey, I'm sorry you feel low :frown: I will say that almost every person has insecurities and feels down about themselves sometimes. I don't say that to make it sound like your insecurities aren't valid or don't matter, just that you're not alone. There are probably girls out there that are envious of your body- I know plenty of very very slim girls that just wish they could gain weight. They're gorgeous, and I have no doubt your gorgeous too but everyone is different and I think we're all much quicker to see the beauty in others than we are in ourselves. I think we tend to see others in an overall positive way whereas we focus on stuff we don't like about ourselves.

If you aren't comfortable with yourself, you do have the power to change that. Now I'm NOT saying there's anything wrong with you, that you NEED to change or that losing weight will make you feel better about yourself necessarily. We should work on loving ourselves no matter our size however I think everyone should feel strong and powerful in their bodies no matter their size. I'd encourage finding hobbies and maybe a sport that reminds you what your body is capable of and makes you feel great. You may lose weight, you may not. You may gain muscle and look more toned. But try and focus less on a particular size and more on how you feel (ie fuel yourself with stuff that's healthy and you enjoy, move in ways you find enjoyable and love doing) and the rest should follow. Health and beauty isn't one size :smile:

Awww tysm!!! The well needed pick me up x
Boys eventually grow up and value women as partners and not accessories.
I’m in my late 20s, at the point where everyone is getting married. Not one of my friends is with/married to a slim girl (all size 12+) and I’m just happy they’ve found someone that pushes them to be better people.

I myself have been with girls sizes 8-14 and each one was beautiful as a person in their own unique way.
You’re already enough, but do what makes you happy, not others. Happiness is for sharing, not giving.
Reply 7
Boys eventually grow up and value women as partners and not accessories.
I’m in my late 20s, at the point where everyone is getting married. Not one of my friends is with/married to a slim girl (all size 12+) and I’m just happy they’ve found someone that pushes them to be better people.

I myself have been with girls sizes 8-14 and each one was beautiful as a person in their own unique way.
You’re already enough, but do what makes you happy, not others. Happiness is for sharing, not giving.

Thank y'all so much! I've really felt better knowing that who really cares and tbh it probably bothered me more than anyone else

this summer I'm gonna try to feel better in me , lose weight or not and know that if I want to have a chocolate or a whippy to own that whippy lol, annnnd if I'm gonna eat it just enjoy it lifes to short and well YOLOOOOOO
Eat healthy
im really self conscious and we have activities this week, i know im fat for my height (we love bmi) i mean like clothes 12/14 but it makes me feel so loowww

diet and exercise more

Quick Reply

Latest