The Student Room Group

ghosted

so i (18f) have been talking to 30m anonymously on kik for around 3 months. i haven't spoken to him for a whole week and none of my messages are going through

i think i found his real identity after stalking the fake name he used through socials but i'm not sure

what should i do? i'm not upset or angry, i actually hold a lot of gratitude towards him for the conversations we had but it doesn't seem like him to not text - he is usually very consistent
Original post by Anonymous
so i (18f) have been talking to 30m anonymously on kik for around 3 months. i haven't spoken to him for a whole week and none of my messages are going through

i think i found his real identity after stalking the fake name he used through socials but i'm not sure

what should i do? i'm not upset or angry, i actually hold a lot of gratitude towards him for the conversations we had but it doesn't seem like him to not text - he is usually very consistent

Leave him alone
There really isn’t anything you can do, for now. Just wait. If you start talking to him again, and you’re sure that’s his real name, I think saying you found his real name will come across as stalking behaviour/ invasion of whatever he’s hiding so probably don’t do that until you and him are on that level of comfort.

If he hasn’t messaged you though, it may as well be the case that he’s ghosted you now that he’s got what he’s wanted but used his fake name so you couldn’t trace him. I don’t know the full context though.
Reply 3
Original post by Hoc est Bellum
Leave him alone

yeah k
Reply 4
Original post by CaptainDuckie
There really isn’t anything you can do, for now. Just wait. If you start talking to him again, and you’re sure that’s his real name, I think saying you found his real name will come across as stalking behaviour/ invasion of whatever he’s hiding so probably don’t do that until you and him are on that level of comfort.

If he hasn’t messaged you though, it may as well be the case that he’s ghosted you now that he’s got what he’s wanted but used his fake name so you couldn’t trace him. I don’t know the full context though.

i get that. it's just frustrating because he would always say that he 'isn't going anywhere' then all of a sudden doesn't text

he was always super reluctant to talk about anything personal so from the bits i do know everything matches up with the name i've found
i get that. it's just frustrating because he would always say that he 'isn't going anywhere' then all of a sudden doesn't text

he was always super reluctant to talk about anything personal so from the bits i do know everything matches up with the name i've found

They say all kinds of stuff. Some being more extreme than others. I don’t know the exact reasons he’s not messaging you but there really isn’t much you can do.

From the looks of it though, he probably wanted some fun and that’s it.
Reply 6
They say all kinds of stuff. Some being more extreme than others. I don’t know the exact reasons he’s not messaging you but there really isn’t much you can do.

From the looks of it though, he probably wanted some fun and that’s it.

i was weary of that in the beginning, someone of his age etc. i guess you might be right...
i was weary of that in the beginning, someone of his age etc. i guess you might be right...

Yeah, exactly. I tried not judging you because of that though. You’re a person able to make decisions for yourself, and it’s not my business to judge you.
Maybe @londonmyst can provide an insight?
Reply 9
Yeah, exactly. I tried not judging you because of that though. You’re a person able to make decisions for yourself, and it’s not my business to judge you.

oh, thank you. i guess i did make those decisions, and i don't regret talking to him, i just feel a bit silly i poured my entire heart out to a random stranger lol
oh, thank you. i guess i did make those decisions, and i don't regret talking to him, i just feel a bit silly i poured my entire heart out to a random stranger lol

Then again, it’s only been a week. He might have gone somewhere? Holiday idk?
Then again, it’s only been a week. He might have gone somewhere? Holiday idk?

maybe, idk. like if he didn't want to talk anymore i wish he would just tell me instead of ghosting. but it could be something has happened because the communication is normally very good
maybe, idk. like if he didn't want to talk anymore i wish he would just tell me instead of ghosting. but it could be something has happened because the communication is normally very good

I understand how you feel. Someone who you like and they just stop messaging you randomly/ acting like nothing was ever there, it happens quite frequently in talking stages.

He might have just not seen you as someone who he’s going to marry. It’s hard to tell someone you don’t want to talk anymore because he will feel bad about himself for stringing you on for that long.
I understand how you feel. Someone who you like and they just stop messaging you randomly/ acting like nothing was ever there, it happens quite frequently in talking stages.

He might have just not seen you as someone who he’s going to marry. It’s hard to tell someone you don’t want to talk anymore because he will feel bad about himself for stringing you on for that long.

yeah i know x

thank you sm
yeah i know x

thank you sm

Don’t worry. If he messages again, ask where he has been and hopefully that should give you more clarity.

No problem. :smile: :yy:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending