The Student Room Group

Boyfriends religious parents walked in on us!

I’ve been with my boyfriend for a couple of months now and a few days ago we were in his room which is quite far away from the main part of the house so we thought we could hear people coming if we were getting up to anything. His parents were out so we thought everything would be ok and seized the opportunity for some intimacy. The parents are very very religious and I have spent weeks trying to portray a squeaky clean image to them so imagine my horror when his mum appears at the door while I am on top of her son. We just about heard footsteps, allowing me to just throw on my t-shirt in time. It was extremely awkward as I had to remain sitting on him as we didn’t want her to see that our jeans were undone. So my question is where do I go from here? I have no idea how to get back on their good side as I feel my image has been permanently tainted. Also, how do other couples who both live with their parents find places to get physical?

Scroll to see replies

Firstly, being religious, I do not agree with getting physical with your boyfriend without getting married. Secondly, when you get physical, is it not better to lock the room? You will still look suspicious but at least you can avoid the embarrassment of being spotted naked and in action.
It's like some people leave their brain at home when they're horny
Reply 3
Just get him to tell them it was innocent horseplay and to keep repeating this. They will be wanting to believe that their son isn’t a sinner. Then redouble your efforts to portray a girl next door image
Are his parents Catholic by any chance?
Don’t for a second think she didn’t notice what was going on. She knows.
And to think there's a thread called "atheists are more intelligent", lol
Reply 7
His parents were out and came back early, don’t worry we aren’t that stupid. Also we weren’t actually shagging
They hadn't gotten far enough. They were still stuck at foreplay.
Reply 9
Could he put a lock or at least a chain on his door?
Tell them to grow up and stop believing in fairy tale characters, then they'll realise how childish they are for believing it and actually act like normal humans.
So disrespectful tbh.
You might not agree with their beliefs but you could at least respect them.

Your “squeaky clean” lie is gone. Least you can stop pretending to be something you’re not to them now though.
His parents should have more respect for his privacy than that. Probably worth getting out of the house next time.
Just wanted to clarify a few things

I am well aware that we messed up and have been upset about it for days but I didn’t make this post to be shamed for those actions I already regret. We are both young adults who live with their parents so it’s difficult to find the privacy to have that time together. What I really wanted was some advice because I can’t change the past, I can only try and make things better moving forward.

Please be kind
Original post by Moonlight rain
It's like some people leave their brain at home when they're horny

Or as it is known, the Bill Clinton defence!
Original post by Anonymous

I am well aware that we messed up and have been upset about it for days but I didn’t make this post to be shamed for those actions I already regret. We are both young adults who live with their parents so it’s difficult to find the privacy to have that time together. What I really wanted was some advice because I can’t change the past, I can only try and make things better moving forward.

Please be kind

Well there's not really much that can be done. His mum knows what you were doing, she's not stupid. But she'll probably not mention it or ever bring it up for obvious reasons. You just need to wait it out and the memory of it will become more and more distant until most people have half forgotten about it. When shagging at home you really do need bionic hearing to listen out for approaching folk or only do it when you know 100000% they're not at home and won't be back for some time. Failing that you could always have sex in a car or outside, weather-permitting of course.

Please be kind

Hotel could be an option?
Original post by Celtic Conjurer
Well there's not really much that can be done. His mum knows what you were doing, she's not stupid. But she'll probably not mention it or ever bring it up for obvious reasons. You just need to wait it out and the memory of it will become more and more distant until most people have half forgotten about it. When shagging at home you really do need bionic hearing to listen out for approaching folk or only do it when you know 100000% they're not at home and won't be back for some time. Failing that you could always have sex in a car or outside, weather-permitting of course.

Thank you for some helpful advice! Genuinely appreciate it

Please be kind

Do you think he is the soulmate you are looking for? Do you think your parents will let you marry at some point in future?
If the answer to both questions is Yes, I suggest that you resort to masturbation for the time being and wait till you get married to have sex.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending