The Student Room Group

Why is my ex boyfriend acting like this?

We broke up a few months ago. I dumped him as he wasn't listening to my demands and our lack of communication in addressing arguments grew rapidly.

Anyway, he had moved with me to France as I'm French and we were both studying at the same university (he was already living there before-thats how we started dating). After our break up, I asked him to leave my place and he left. After a week he went back to Copenhagen (as he's a Danish national) and then I heard that he suddenly flew to London (we studied in UK/London for university).

Turns out, he went there to meet our mutual friends and then he met his almost "ex girlfriend" whom he was in love with and had fallen out with before they could date. It was his fall out with her that he decided to leave London and move to my country and it was him being jilted over her that he quickly latched on to me as we were talking too much.

This "ex" is apparently the girl he was in love with from first sight and "whom he could never get out of his hear as she was his one that got away". My friend also said he had deep regrets over leaving her and wanted to talk to her even when he was dating me.

That desperate girl also "loved" him and then I found out that he became her flatmate (as she was living in a short term hostel accommodation) and he gave her the 2nd room in the 2 bedroom apartment he was renting. Now, they are together in a relationship, and the girl has uploaded pictures of them on Facebook as featured where he's holding hands with her in every single one of them (something we rarely did unless we were mushy). Our friend also told me that the way he looks at her is something that can't be explained. Never did that with me either.

I dont get it. Why is he doing this? He left her and was with me for 2 years, we were friends with each others parents, siblings and then he claims he never lost feelings for this desperate girl ?

Scroll to see replies

So you’ve broken up, he has moved on.

Looks like he always had feelings for her and now that they’re both single and in the right place at the right time they have gotten together.
I don’t see what makes her “desperate”
Or why you are paying any attention to it. He has moved on, you do too. He is a part of your past.
Reply 2
Original post by GabiAbi84

Looks like he always had feelings for her and now that they’re both single and in the right place at the right time they have gotten together.
Or why you are paying any attention to it. He has moved on, you do too. He is a part of your past.

How can he have feelings for her when he was enjoying bdsm sessions with me?
And what do you mean by right time right place? He's met her there like 4 or 5 times.
Reply 3

She's desperate to take back a dude who left her and moved on with me
Original post by Anonymous
How can he have feelings for her when he was enjoying bdsm sessions with me?
And what do you mean by right time right place? He's met her there like 4 or 5 times.

Easily. He never stopped having feelings for her-obviously.

They are both in the right place that they want to be together and are ready for a true relationship.

He didn’t “leave her”- they weren’t dating. They fell out. And he obviously didn’t move on.
Doesn’t make her desperate.
Reply 6
Easily. He never stopped having feelings for her-obviously.

They are both in the right place that they want to be together and are ready for a true relationship.

What easily?.
What's a true relationship?
Reply 7
He didn’t “leave her”- they weren’t dating. They fell out. And he obviously didn’t move on.
Doesn’t make her desperate.

What the hell? If he didn't move on how was he with me, introducing me to his mom, brother, going on vacations with me?
What the hell? If he didn't move on how was he with me, introducing me to his mom, brother, going on vacations with me?

Because they fell out
Reply 9
Because they fell out

So why are you saying he didn't move on
What easily?.
What's a true relationship?

You can easily have feeling for someone else when “having a bdsm relationship” with another just like your friend said.
(edited 2 years ago)
So why are you saying he didn't move on

Because they’re together now…
Look... maybe they were a better fit to each other? Hopefully you will find someone who is a great fit for you too. It could be that you two were in love but the chemistry and all those small things that make him now interact with her the way he does just werent there. It doesnt mean you were tricked or anything. I know suspecting something like this can be very painful but these are just thoughts you have about someone you were in love with and you are clearly still processing what happened and all those emotions inside you. Dont jump to conclusions trying to make your ex and his new gf look bad. Just process how you feel and if anything be happy both you and him are going to find a partner who fits that person better.
You can easily have feeling for someone else when “having a bdsm relationship” with another just like your friend said.

When he's sleeping with me how's this even possible ?
Just move on. Will never understand why people keep being obsessed with their exes. You broke up with him and you shouldn’t be stalking him all the time to see what he’s up to and who he’s dating. You need to stop obsessing over him and just move on with your life and forget him.

I see what you’re trying to say. But if she was so desperate, she would have tried getting with him when you both were together but she didn’t.

That’s not desperation, it’s just taking an opportunity.
Can't you just leave it and just be happy for him that he's found the right person?
Original post by agnos987
Can't you just leave it and just be happy for him that he's found the right person?

How's she's the right person? He already had a falling out with her before even dating
Original post by CaptainDuckie
I see what you’re trying to say. But if she was so desperate, she would have tried getting with him when you both were together but she didn’t.

That’s not desperation, it’s just taking an opportunity.

He tried greeting her when he was with me but she ignored him that time
He tried greeting her when he was with me but she ignored him that time

So why do you care?
He clearly liked her when he was going out with you.
You’re well rid of him.
If she was desperate she would have been replying to him when he was in a relationship-she didn’t.
It’s not her fault he still was in love with her when he was seeing you. It’s his.
I

Latest

Trending

Trending