The Student Room Group

should i be a bit upset at my boyfriend?

hi guys :smile:
i just wanted to ask for a quick second opinion;

i’m not too bothered if someone forgets to call me, however this is the situation.
3 days ago my boyfriend called me, he ended up falling asleep on call midway through me telling him about the trip i went on that he asked to know about. i wasn’t too upset, because it’s not a huge deal. i asked him if i bored him as a joke and he said no and seemed genuinely sorry (i was just joking luckily!). he told me he’d call me the day after.
he didn’t, i was a bit upset but more in a meh maybe another day kind of way.
the day after he called me after he’d been drinking but was sober, and apologised a lot for not calling me. i told him it was no biggie, and it was okay. he told me he’d want to call me the next day as we’re long distance and he wants to speak to me more, and he told me he missed me alot and even cried a bit as we’re so far apart distance wise for the summer.
however he never called me today, and ive stayed up until 1am just in case he forgot and wanted to call later. i think he went to a pub today and probably forgot, but i feel abit weird that he forgot again despite being so adamant on calling me again.
i really don’t mind him not calling me, he isn’t mandated to do so haha! i just feel a bit off staying up for hours, (i didn’t clear my day out for him, but I did decline my friends’ zoom call for another day) and it’s happened again. he felt really bad the other day when he didn’t call me and i wasn’t mad at all, so i feel a bit bad if i bring it up and he feels guilty as I don’t want him to feel pressured to call - but i can’t help but feel a bit off??

do you guys think i should not think much of it, play the silent game for a day, or let him know i feel a bit off but it’s okay - i don’t want to be dramatic about it :-) thanks!
Original post by Anonymous
hi guys :smile:
i just wanted to ask for a quick second opinion;

i’m not too bothered if someone forgets to call me, however this is the situation.
3 days ago my boyfriend called me, he ended up falling asleep on call midway through me telling him about the trip i went on that he asked to know about. i wasn’t too upset, because it’s not a huge deal. i asked him if i bored him as a joke and he said no and seemed genuinely sorry (i was just joking luckily!). he told me he’d call me the day after.
he didn’t, i was a bit upset but more in a meh maybe another day kind of way.
the day after he called me after he’d been drinking but was sober, and apologised a lot for not calling me. i told him it was no biggie, and it was okay. he told me he’d want to call me the next day as we’re long distance and he wants to speak to me more, and he told me he missed me alot and even cried a bit as we’re so far apart distance wise for the summer.
however he never called me today, and ive stayed up until 1am just in case he forgot and wanted to call later. i think he went to a pub today and probably forgot, but i feel abit weird that he forgot again despite being so adamant on calling me again.
i really don’t mind him not calling me, he isn’t mandated to do so haha! i just feel a bit off staying up for hours, (i didn’t clear my day out for him, but I did decline my friends’ zoom call for another day) and it’s happened again. he felt really bad the other day when he didn’t call me and i wasn’t mad at all, so i feel a bit bad if i bring it up and he feels guilty as I don’t want him to feel pressured to call - but i can’t help but feel a bit off??

do you guys think i should not think much of it, play the silent game for a day, or let him know i feel a bit off but it’s okay - i don’t want to be dramatic about it :-) thanks!

" as we’re long distance"

i've isolated the most important sequence of words in this whole post

L.D.R.s never, ever work. i think you're right to be upset but i don't blame his interest for waning as it appears to be
Reply 2
Yeah I would be slightly annoyed. It’s just disrespectful because I could be doing other stuff instead of waiting for the call.

Just sit him down and tell him how you feel. Also, you can be the one in charge of calling from now on.
Can’t you call him? Or is he just not picking up?
Original post by A Rolling Stone

L.D.R.s never, ever work. i think you're right to be upset but i don't blame his interest for waning as it appears to be

Ive been LDR with my bf for the past year and we’re working out just fine lol
Reply 5

haha i think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick!!
we met at uni, and are away from eachother for the summer but met up 2 weeks ago :smile:
it’s going fine, but as you can expect, misunderstands and blips happen! i’m assuming you didn’t have a great experience of an ldr
Reply 6
Original post by TFEU
Yeah I would be slightly annoyed. It’s just disrespectful because I could be doing other stuff instead of waiting for the call.

Just sit him down and tell him how you feel. Also, you can be the one in charge of calling from now on.

yeah he were on call yesterday and he asked me to call him out of the blue more often so i definitely will! it’s just this time he insisted on calling me tonight and assumed responsibility i guess, thanks for the reply!
Reply 7
Original post by cchloepx
Can’t you call him? Or is he just not picking up?

he’s currently out with a friend so i don’t want to interrupt, yesterday on our call he was really adamant about calling me and told me that he’ll be calling me today. i want to leave this to him as he’s the one who was so insistent on calling me if that makes any sense! :smile: thanks for the reply!
He probably just forgot.

You could just ask him ”What about our call?” and see what he says as an excuse.

Don’t play any silent games.

Some people feel like they need to put in a lot of commitment, so it wouldn't work for them. The rest should be fine though.
i did end up calling him last night, but it went straight to voicemail so i did try welp
Original post by CaptainDuckie
He probably just forgot.

You could just ask him ”What about our call?” and see what he says as an excuse.

Don’t play any silent games.

okay, thanks for the reply! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending