The Student Room Group

Slow vaccine uptake amongst young people

Why aren’t young people getting the jab?
Original post by Fruli

I haven't been offered it (afaik). I would if I were.
Reply 2
Original post by jennathenerd
I haven't been offered it (afaik). I would if I were.

How old are you?

You can now go to your nearest vaccine centre. You don’t need to wait to be offered.
once they see "cool" people like pop stars and that getting jabbed, the young folk will be desperate to have one as well.
Reply 4
I don’t want to
Side FX (FX because I'm a very imaginative organism).
Original post by Fruli
How old are you?

You can now go to your nearest vaccine centre. You don’t need to wait to be offered.

16. I haven't actually been told yet that I can have it (I also don't know for sure if my parents want me to yet)
Reply 7
ive been sent loads of letters, i will never

why? i want to be the only person in the world without a vaccine and get famous by it
Reply 8
This distribution curve is spot on BB6D5806-4446-43DD-B4B9-9974CA66962C.jpeg
Covid vaccine to be offered to 16 and 17 year olds

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-58080232
Original post by Fruli

They think covid 19 is a boomer disease and that they are invincible because of their youth
Reply 11
I think lots of young people are apprehensive about getting it due to there being a lesser chance of them getting seriously ill from Covid, but I think more people will start getting them if it becomes mandatory in order to visit venues/attend universities or when they realise there that there are healthy young people that get long term effects from Covid. They may be worried about any rare side effects, but after reading up on them, most of them are actually far more likely to occur if you catch Covid than if you get the vaccine. Although it would still be good for them to increase, the figures aren’t that low; almost 70% of 18-29 year olds in the UK have had their first dose so far!
Reply 12
Original post by Fruli

idk but lots of my friends 16-18 have gotten it, I can't wait when I get mine
Because from the start COVID was painted as the grim reaper of the sick and elderly.

and they are not sick or elderly...

Quick Reply

Latest