The Student Room Group

Girls, would you date someone who was only 5'8''? would you consider it a dealbreaker

I am 5'8'' and my friends advised me not to sign up for Tinder cause women only go out with guys my height if they have no other options. I dunno if this is true.

Scroll to see replies

If a prospective partner really cares that much about height to the extent it gets in the way of a relationship, they aren’t worth your time.
on tinder it will be a dealbreaker tbh but that's just because how tinder works; its pretty favorable to women and emphasises physical features. really no benefit of going on there as a guy unless you're like top 5% of looks tbh - unattractive women get so many likes/options due to how saturated it is with males so they can afford to be pickier than they would be irl.
Original post by Anonymous
I am 5'8'' and my friends advised me not to sign up for Tinder cause women only go out with guys my height if they have no other options. I dunno if this is true.

This is a lie. If you're good-looking, you'll attract women. 5'8 is not short and quite average.
I'm 5'1'' so I actually don't care unless the guy's shorter than me.
Literally all the responses in this thread are exactly why you shouldn’t take advice from TSR on dating lol do what makes you happy dude
Reply 6
on tinder it will be a dealbreaker tbh but that's just because how tinder works; its pretty favorable to women and emphasises physical features. really no benefit of going on there as a guy unless you're like top 5% of looks tbh - unattractive women get so many likes/options due to how saturated it is with males so they can afford to be pickier than they would be irl.

I guess I don't know what women like, I had no idea height is so important to women. I thought even if looks are emphasised, good looking included other physical features, not height in itself (barring extremes I guess).
Reply 7
Literally all the responses in this thread are exactly why you shouldn’t take advice from TSR on dating lol do what makes you happy dude

what do you mean? I am asking girls how they feel about it, not advice really. Just wanna know their preferences because of what my friends tell me (they are not on TSR).
I guess I don't know what women like, I had no idea height is so important to women. I thought even if looks are emphasised, good looking included other physical features, not height in itself (barring extremes I guess).

don't get it twisted - height and those other things aren't that important. lets be real, you see fit birds with meh guys all the time but those meh guys have great personalities, funny, charming etc. So much more than meets the eye to them. Not saying being good looking doesn't help - it does - but you need to understand how tinder works. Height is much more important on there than in real life.

I honestly wouldn't care or notice how tall you are. I'm about 5'2" and it would make no difference at all to me whether you're 5'8" or 6 feet.

As long as I can get along with the dude and find him overall attractive, I couldn't care less how tall he is (within a resonable range so say 5'4" to 6'2").

If a girl is so shallow, all she can think of when choosing a partner is his height, trust me you want to steer clear from her and people like her.

Honestly, don't worry. 5'8" is good. If you want to sign up for Tinder, you should do it. But it might be somewhat true that people on dating apps are more shallow than an average person. I mean, I don't know many people who got into lasting relationships through dating apps (although I do know at least one couple who's still going solid after like 2 years).
what do you mean? I am asking girls how they feel about it, not advice really. Just wanna know their preferences because of what my friends tell me (they are not on TSR).

Because the answers on this thread are just ridiculous generalisations. Someone tells you that “women find height important”, are you now gonna care so much about it that you feel too insecure to try dating? Every individual person is different. Some care, some don’t, you can’t get a straight answer about it. If someone cares that much, they probably aren’t worth being with! It isn’t something to worry about at all! If your friends are making you that worried about it, they aren’t great friends!
Because the answers on this thread are just ridiculous generalisations. Someone tells you that “women find height important”, are you now gonna care so much about it that you feel too insecure to try dating? Every individual person is different. Some care, some don’t, you can’t get a straight answer about it. If someone cares that much, they probably aren’t worth being with! It isn’t something to worry about at all! If your friends are making you that worried about it, they aren’t great friends!

I wasn't insecure until I was advised not to even sign up for a dating app cause of my height. Nobody told me not to sign up cause of my face or my voice or anything else about me, the focus was on height and it just sounded too weird to even be true.
Different girls have different dealbreakers and relationship preferences.
I'm a 5'1 female, my minimum height dealbreaker is 5'4.

Most girls on tinder are looking for hookups or fwb arrangements with much taller guys, not to date.
Many include in their tinder profiles that they have a minimum height dealbreaker above 6'1 and will not chat with guys that are shorter than their dealbreaker.
Best thing to do is include your height in your profile and avoid interacting with all the tinder girls whose profiles make clear that they are not interested in guys your height.
It’s definitely not a dealbreaker a lot of women don’t even like very tall men it’s just preference isn’t it.

I sort of see what they mean
Original post by Asha_m
I'm 5'1'' so I actually don't care unless the guy's shorter than me.

🤭🤭🤭
Honestly- for me, yes. It sounds awful but I couldn't do it as they'd be shorter than my brothers and Dad who are 6ft+.

Hi there.
I hear a lot of women, if not most women say they only date men taller, physically stronger (and of course older) than themselves. They say they are the women, so they want to feel petite, feminine, dominated and protected when dating a man. Yet, we talk about feminism and equality between men and women...
So short men most of the time do not have a chance. since you are 5.8, maybe look for women under that. But even women shorter would want a man taller than 6.0.
Guess it is life.
Reply 18
I feel like most girls just want you to be taller than they are
Men and women who are between 5ft and 5'4 are a bit midgy.

If they are below 5ft then they are properly midgy...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending