The Student Room Group

Pakistani dating

hi, i am pakistani in my early twenties and recently have really been wanting to be in a relationship, but refrain from doing haram. I have friends who have gone down the wrong path and it hasn't ended well. I honestly just want to get to know someone and get married young and grow with them and live our life together. I am not really into downloading dating apps i.e muzmatch and minder. Also, due to uni being online due to covid has been harder to form friendships.

does anyone (muslim) understand or feel the same/ in the same position?
Hasn’t ended well in what way?
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Hasn’t ended well in what way?

They end up commiting haram and then it becomes a cycle. I don't want to go down that route.
Reply 3
Original post by TikkaMasala
its haram dont be a slut read ur namaz and stay at home until u get married

The point of the thread totally flew over your head:rolleyes:
Original post by Anonymous
The point of the thread totally flew over your head:rolleyes:

u wanna do haram things well im just bein real with u
Reply 5
Original post by TikkaMasala
u wanna do haram things well im just bein real with u

no I said can anyone relate in wanting to get married and settle down young bro
I have some friends from traditionalist families or with strict religious beliefs in a very similar situation to you.
The best advice I can offer is: to always trust your gut instinct, listen to what your common sense is telling you and stick to your list of dealbreakers. :smile:

Remember that marriage is always a gamble that can go either way, regardless of how keen both people are to have a long and successful marriage.
Of course nobody is 100% perfect and there will always be risks.
The potential for incompatibility and dishonesty will always exist in every close social or business relationship.
Not just directly from potential spouses, their relatives or friends of the family- all of whom could well make wildly inaccurate claims trying to create very favourable impressions. Sometimes even without the person's knowledge.

But the risks can managed as efficiently as possible by getting to know the person in a calm and neutral environment over a reasonable timespan- with no pressure to rush things or give misleading impressions/information in order to conform to third party expectations.
In order to gain some familiarity with a potential spouse's: achievements, character, past, family background, future ambitions and personal priorities.
Then decide whether there is enough compatibility, mutual attraction and shared ambitions to consider either an engagement or paying for an expensive wedding.
If the answer to either is no, it means that you probably have doubts about whether the person is right for you or your family circumstances.
Good luck!
I put my hope in arranged marriages. I just want to interact with each potential spouse before taking a decision.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending