The Student Room Group

Tesco Employee Account & Payslip?

Hi, I've been working as a nights replenishment assistant for a few weeks and I was wondering if the managers will ask me to make an employee account on Our Tesco, or if I can just do it myself? I see all the other employees using it to check deliveries etc and it would be really helpful.

Also, I've just checked my bank account to see that I have been paid, but it's less than I calculated, so I was wondering when I will receive either an electronic or paper payslip? Sorry if this seems stupid but it's my first job and I have no idea how any of this works.
Reply 1
These are questions you need to ask your manager! Always go to the official source of information first.
Original post by Surnia
These are questions you need to ask your manager! Always go to the official source of information first.

I'd just thought I'd ask other Tesco workers before causing a hassle for the manager, they're not exactly the nicest person to approach and I struggle with anxiety, which does not help
Reply 3
Original post by I.don't.wike.it
I'd just thought I'd ask other Tesco workers before causing a hassle for the manager, they're not exactly the nicest person to approach and I struggle with anxiety, which does not help

There are going to be specifics of the job for which you will need answers from your line management or HR department, so you'll just have to learn to speak with them; maybe try the latter first for these queries.
Original post by I.don't.wike.it
Hi, I've been working as a nights replenishment assistant for a few weeks and I was wondering if the managers will ask me to make an employee account on Our Tesco, or if I can just do it myself? I see all the other employees using it to check deliveries etc and it would be really helpful.

Also, I've just checked my bank account to see that I have been paid, but it's less than I calculated, so I was wondering when I will receive either an electronic or paper payslip? Sorry if this seems stupid but it's my first job and I have no idea how any of this works.

Hi

To make a tesco account as a staff member, go to our tesco and it will ask you for your eight digit pay number and follow the information from there, you can do this yourself, any issues with it then you'll need to take it up with manager or hr ok.
Pay slips are digitally online but you should get a paper copy for first pay.

About pay. You may find that you where told you were getting day £10 a hour but only getting say £8.90 a hour ok, this is because you are new staff with temporary contract so you'll be on this for 12 weeks then it will go upto your amount per hour afterwards.

You need to start talking to your fellow colleges at tesco as won't get far by not doing this, your team leader or supervisor there to help you out with things untill you get use to job,

I'm a team leader and occasionally stand in supervisor with tesco.
Hope this help you ok good luck with job.
Reply 5
Hi I also just started at Tesco 3 weeks ago and I haven’t any 8 digit number so will that be on my first paper payslip then I can access work and pay online? I have an Our Tesco account made but can’t can’t into work and pay as I’ve no 8 digit number as yet.
Original post by Shelby26
Hi I also just started at Tesco 3 weeks ago and I haven’t any 8 digit number so will that be on my first paper payslip then I can access work and pay online? I have an Our Tesco account made but can’t can’t into work and pay as I’ve no 8 digit number as yet.

Yes
Once you recieve your payslip you will have your 8 digit number to then allow you to access online pay lines etc.
Any issues speak to your immediate store manager on this okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending