The Student Room Group

Is it bad if i ask for this in prayer?

Is it bad if i ask allah to remove me from a toxic household where my parents/ siblings live?
Original post by Anonymous
Is it bad if i ask allah to remove me from a toxic household where my parents/ siblings live?

No, hope Allah grants your prayer.
Reply 2
Not really. If it’s a toxic household then Allah won’t hold that against you. Ask for afiyah, which means safety/protection/health. As long as you’re not wishing harm upon your family and just removal it’s fine. Sorry about the fact that you’re in this situation. May Allah make it easier for you آمین ❤️
Reply 3
Original post by grandaddog
No, hope Allah grants your prayer.

Ameen 😊

May allah bless you

No it isnt i rember crying in sujood once because of some toixc relative i also live in a toxic household and allah granted my dua and that toxic relative is going through the same things am going through but they get teh support from the familly which i never received it is preety sad really
Have you considered saving up & working as hard as possible so that you can remove yourself from the constant negativity of life in a toxic household surrounded by unreasonable people?
That's what I did.

Yes but even if they r toxic don't sever ties w them as that's not Islamically right. Do as the person before said ask for afiyah but also ask for the ppl in your household that r being toxic (basically going against islam) to be guided and for Allah to remove their toxicity
No that’s not bad, allah knows your heart is in the right place if you do good by them(family). Have sabr because allah can make any bad situation into a good one, stay positive. May allah accept your duas 😊😊
Original post by icecream2021
No that’s not bad, allah knows your heart is in the right place if you do good by them(family). Have sabr because allah can make any bad situation into a good one, stay positive. May allah accept your duas 😊😊

can i ask why do muslims ask allah for everything(i not being rude i like to learn lol)

like i know people say ask god for forgivnes but like do muslims need like permission for things like if they go for a job etc
Original post by Wise Goldie
can i ask why do muslims ask allah for everything(i not being rude i like to learn lol)

like i know people say ask god for forgivnes but like do muslims need like permission for things like if they go for a job etc

There are many different types of islamic prayers for different scenarios and occassions, in addition to the general fixed five daily prayers.
Other religions also have very similar traditions.
Reply 10
god isn't real. just phone the police/social service. they are the only ones that can remove you from abusive household

Dua cannot work.
Allah does change his plan for you just because you ask him to. That would mean that 1. He made a mistake, and 2. He does not know the future.
"It is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you"
"Allah is the best of planners"
Original post by londonmyst
There are many different types of islamic prayers for different scenarios and occassions, in addition to the general fixed five daily prayers.
Other religions also have very similar traditions.

thanks london:biggrin:
Reply 13
Dua cannot work.
Allah does change his plan for you just because you ask him to. That would mean that 1. He made a mistake, and 2. He does not know the future.
"It is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you"
"Allah is the best of planners"

This isn’t fully true.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Nothing can change the Divine decree except du’aa’. (Narrated by Ahmad, 5/677; Ibn Maajah, 90; al-Tirmidhi, 139. Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 76687. See also al-Saheehah, 145).

Furthermore, as long as your Dua is within limits (eg if you’re asking for alcohol to be made halal that will not be happening) then either 1) you get something better 2) you get it in the akhirah or 3) you get that. The second half of your post is accurate but not quite relevant right here. You are meant to be making dua, always.
Original post by Ak13x
This isn’t fully true.

The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Nothing can change the Divine decree except du’aa’. (Narrated by Ahmad, 5/677; Ibn Maajah, 90; al-Tirmidhi, 139. Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Jaami’, 76687. See also al-Saheehah, 145).

Furthermore, as long as your Dua is within limits (eg if you’re asking for alcohol to be made halal that will not be happening) then either 1) you get something better 2) you get it in the akhirah or 3) you get that. The second half of your post is accurate but not quite relevant right here. You are meant to be making dua, always.

Well Muhammad was wrong. If you can get Allah to change his mind about what he has decreed it means that he is not perfect and he cannot see the future. This would mean that he is not god. I'm sure you can see the problem there.
I find it hard to believe that a Muslim could think they know better than Allah, and even harder to believe that Allah would agree with them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending