The Student Room Group

How does freshers week work?

All the wristband tickets are out of stock for my uni and I didn’t buy them cuz everyone kept saying they’re a waste of money. But now i’m regretting it since the single event tickets are quite expensive. Now I don’t know if I should buy them because I don’t know if I’ll go there. Do people normally go with their flat mates? What else do people do during freshers week? Just party all night and hung over during the day?
Reply 1
theres a high chance ppl will sell their tickets near the time (i ended up getting sick on freshers week and sold most of mine). alot of my flatmates went out every night, and then spent the next day hungover lol. if you dont go freshers, you can still go clubbing since its basically the same thing
Reply 2
Original post by vnesswa
theres a high chance ppl will sell their tickets near the time (i ended up getting sick on freshers week and sold most of mine). alot of my flatmates went out every night, and then spent the next day hungover lol. if you dont go freshers, you can still go clubbing since its basically the same thing

where do people normally sell them?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
where do people normally sell them?

accomodation groupchats, course groupchats, campus groupchats, facebook, snapchat stories
Original post by Anonymous
All the wristband tickets are out of stock for my uni and I didn’t buy them cuz everyone kept saying they’re a waste of money. But now i’m regretting it since the single event tickets are quite expensive. Now I don’t know if I should buy them because I don’t know if I’ll go there. Do people normally go with their flat mates? What else do people do during freshers week? Just party all night and hung over during the day?

Hello!

Freshers is something that no one explains to you but you seem to end up out anyway! It can be a bit confusing.

To be honest, the wristbands are good for ease and come with some discounts but overall are a lot of money. You also have to go to every event to make them worthwhile so I wouldn't be too worried that you missed them.
If an event is sold out, you can usually get tickets the day before or day of through resell. People will charge less to shift them and you often just bank transfer and get a screenshot. I have gone to someone's flat in halls before so we could see each other and make sure no one got scammed.

Events alone can add up. It is a good week and happens once a year so prices are more than normal entry fees. This year especially as there is so much demand for tickets. Two year groups are having their first Freshers! I would say as long as you want to go to the event, it is worth paying a little more for the week.

Most people go with their flatmates or their course friends. If you have been to a society taster session in the week, you may be able to go with someone from there! It is okay to go alone too, a great way to meet people is in the club, if you recognise them from campus or your course. Just make sure you are safe and someone knows where you are!

There are usually events ran by your university in the day time in Freshers Week. For example, we run Welcome Week which has food stalls, outdoor cinema, pop up vintage stores and of course Freshers Fair. Make sure you get to your Freshers Fair, there are lots of freebies and it is a great way to get signed up to societies and meet people.
Getting to know the local area, shopping, watching films and university introductory sessions will consume your days.

Lydia :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending