The Student Room Group

Will you continue to wear a mask at uni and during lectures?

Poll

Will you continue to wear a mask at uni and during lectures?

As above, I just want to hear people's opinions and whether they will or not. I'm planning to wear mine (eventhough i am fully vaccinated) because i believe the virus is still there and you could still catch it and/or pass it on to vulnerable people.. despite it being lifted from government's guidelines.

Scroll to see replies

I'll try my best, but being 100% honest - if nobody else in my class does, i'm unlikely to.
Tbh, I'm not wearing one. The reason why is; 1. I have asthma and can't breath well when wearing one. 2. I can't see bc I wear glasses and it fogs my vision up, causing me to be unable to focus and complete my work. That's just my opinion on the matter.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by DekuMidoriyaOFA
Tbh, I'm not wearing one. The reason why is; 1. I have asthma and can't breath well when wearing one. 2. I can't see bc I wear glasses and it fogs my vision up,causing me to be unable to focus and complete my work. That's just my opinion on the matter.

That is totally understandable, im pretty sure youre exempt from wearing them anyways :smile:
Original post by CharisRocks
I'll try my best, but being 100% honest - if nobody else in my class does, i'm unlikely to.

Ikr! I feel like it feels so wierd when im around people who dont wear them but at the same time im so used to wearing one all that time to the point that i feel wierd if i walk out without one (although they hurt the back of my ears🙃)
Original post by Unknown1232003
That is totally understandable, im pretty sure youre exempt from wearing them anyways :smile:

Unfortunately, I'm not exempt. I still have to leave the room multiple times to take a break per day.
No because it kind of distresses me. But if I have to then I will
Original post by DekuMidoriyaOFA
Unfortunately, I'm not exempt. I still have to leave the room multiple times to take a break per day.

Oh really?!?! A friend of mine at college had asthma and college asked her to get a letter from her GP because apparently if you have asthma you don't have to wear a mask?
1. No, there is a reason why I got vaccinated, one of them so I dont have to wear a *****y mask each time I go out, gets annoying.
2. If people are worried about their health and catching it at uni, either they can get vaccinated and/or study at home letures.
Original post by AnonFromEu
1. No, there is a reason why I got vaccinated, one of them so I dont have to wear a *****y mask each time I go out, gets annoying.
2. If people are worried about their health and catching it at uni, either they can get vaccinated and/or study at home letures.

The vaccine doesnt prevent you from catching the virus or passing it on. It just strengthens your immune system so that if you catch it you don't get too ill.
IIkr! I feel like it feels so wierd when im around people who dont wear them but at the same time im so used to wearing one all that time to the point that i feel wierd if i walk out without one (although they hurt the back of my ears🙃)

I wear one when I go into shops, doctors, or anywhere I might bump into people whose health histories I don't know. But my class has 4 other people in it and none of them are at high risk, and none of them wear masks anymore. So it seems almost pointless.

I work in our SU nightclub and, man, wearing a mask isn't gonna help anyone when the whole place is drunk dancing on each other! I'd like to keep wearing one actually - but nobody is out here social distancing anymore, so. I just wear it when im around others who are wearing one.
Yes because my university expects us to.
Original post by CharisRocks
I wear one when I go into shops, doctors, or anywhere I might bump into people whose health histories I don't know. But my class has 4 other people in it and none of them are at high risk, and none of them wear masks anymore. So it seems almost pointless.

I work in our SU nightclub and, man, wearing a mask isn't gonna help anyone when the whole place is drunk dancing on each other! I'd like to keep wearing one actually - but nobody is out here social distancing anymore, so. I just wear it when im around others who are wearing one.

Haha I get what you mean! I'm going to be commuting to uni and the train I get on specifies that you have to put a mask on so i have no choice but at the same time even if they said i didnt need to wear one i probs will because theres barely any ventilation and im stuck around people for like 1.5hrs.
Haha I get what you mean! I'm going to be commuting to uni and the train I get on specifies that you have to put a mask on so i have no choice but at the same time even if they said i didnt need to wear one i probs will because theres barely any ventilation and im stuck around people for like 1.5hrs.

Oh, yeah - I definitely wear one on public transport!! Too many old people get the bus/train for me to be comfy going in unmasked. I had an opticians appointment today and almost freaked out cause I had forgotten mine and I saw loads of elderlies haha - luckily they had one i could take

if you don't wear a mask you could catch the virus and spread it to an immunocompromised person
Original post by savethebears
if you don't wear a mask you could catch the virus and spread it to an immunocompromised person

Not my problem, im not going to tip-toe around people for ''what if'' scenarios.

The vaccine has been out for months now, sputnik 5, Jhonson, BioNTech etc.
You should of been vaccinated by now, if you go out on public not being vaccinated KNOWING the risks then complain that you got sick, thats on you...
I still have to according to my uni tbh
I've never worn masks and stay out of all venues where facial coverings are mandatory.
My uni are doing making sure there is enough ventilation so we don’t have to wear them (AKA we all freeze). I have been wearing one but I have freshers flu atm so don’t rly want people looking at my poor nose :lol: but when I’m better I’ll probably stop wearing them as we got told we didn’t have to if we weren’t moving about.
(edited 2 years ago)
Not my problem, im not going to tip-toe around people for ''what if'' scenarios.

The vaccine has been out for months now, sputnik 5, Jhonson, BioNTech etc.
You should of been vaccinated by now, if you go out on public not being vaccinated KNOWING the risks then complain that you got sick, thats on you...

Some immunocompromised people cant get the vaccine. Wearing a mask around strangers is just a kind courtesy that shows that you respect them :smile: A lot of places, yeah, you wont be hurting anyone. Particularly uni classes, full of young people who have a choice whether to attend or not. But food shopping? Public Transport? ehhh... less so.

The strangest part is that it kind of *is* your problem, as it's a community thing that everyone has to participate in for it to work. Annoying, and ultimately unrealistic, but if nobody made any effort we'd just be forced into another lockdown. That's why we locked down in the first place. The rules now make it OUR problem rather than being forced by the government, which is ultimately a good thing as long as everyone follows common sense.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending