The Student Room Group

Name Inconsistency between different documents

Hi all! I'm applying through UCAS this admission cycle to study in Uni next year, and I need help regarding my name. Let's assume my first name is Axxx Bxxx and my surname is Cxxx Dxxx (I have no middle name). My name on my passport is the full one, but my name on my AS Level certificate and CBSE 10th Grade (Indian equivalent of GCSEs) is Axxx Bxx C.D. (Only the initials are present). Which name should I register to UCAS with and which document(s) should I edit? Please help I'd like to get my application through ASAP before it starts to overwhelm me :biggrin:DDDD
(edited 2 years ago)
Your passport is correct. You need to use your name as listed on formal identification on UCAS.

If your certificates have the wrong name then you’ll need to get them corrected
Original post by PQ
Your passport is correct. You need to use your name as listed on formal identification on UCAS.

If your certificates have the wrong name then you’ll need to get them corrected

Thank you for the reply! I'm not sure if i can and have the time to edit my name on my certificates before uploading them for my application :frown: I heard that having a government notary state that Axxx Bxxx C.D. and Axxx Bxxx Cxxx Dxxx are the same person could work, can you share your thoughts on that? Thanks again!
(edited 2 years ago)
You don’t upload your certificates for UCAS. You just list your results and the dates of award. Providing proof of your results is done later directly to universities. Whether a university and the UK border agency will accept different names and a declaration is up to them.
I see, that makes me much less anxious thank you! One last doubt, I'm planning on sending my oxford application by october 15 and the other 4 later, before January. Will there be any issues if I get my name on my certificates changed after my oxford application but before the others?
Original post by Brandon Reed
I see, that makes me much less anxious thank you! One last doubt, I'm planning on sending my oxford application by october 15 and the other 4 later, before January. Will there be any issues if I get my name on my certificates changed after my oxford application but before the others?

No. No one will be asking to see your certificates at this stage.
Thank you that makes me relieved!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending