The Student Room Group

Living Help

Hi
Not long ago I had moved in to my boyfriend’s family’s house. My parents turned my room into an office, as my dad is a tech engineer working from home permanently now. My boyfriend dumped me after 2.5 years and I’m now sleeping on the floor at my parents house

What am I meant to do? I work full time, study a full time course and only earn £1100 a month. £400 goes on my own outgoings (car, car insurance, phone, gym, petrol, Adobe, Spotify). That leaves me with a fair amount - but not enough to live???
I can’t sleep on the floor of my parents house and live out of my car forever - what do I do? Even if I look at house sharing, I’m barely going to have enough left over to put into my savings.

I’m seriously thinking that I’m an actual waste of space…. Please help:frown:
(edited 2 years ago)
Look for a better job?
How long have you got left studying?
Reply 2
Original post by DiddyDec
Look for a better job?
How long have you got left studying?

My job is the first step in my career. I’m an Early Years Practitioner, and I’ve only just started studying Psych through the Open Uni, so I’m stuck.
Original post by Anonymous
My job is the first step in my career. I’m an Early Years Practitioner, and I’ve only just started studying Psych through the Open Uni, so I’m stuck.

I guess you might have to live in a situation that isn't ideal while you build a life for yourself.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending