The Student Room Group

Bristol Dentistry 2022 Entry

Welcome to the Bristol Dentistry 2022 Entry discussion thread. This includes standard and gateway entry discussion.

Useful links:

Undergraduate Dentistry 2022 entry thread: Official Dentistry 2022 Applicants' Thread! - The Student Room

The “Which dental school should I apply to?” Thread: The Official "Which Dental School Should I Apply To?" Thread - The Student Room

TSR Dentistry Wiki: Dentistry - The Student Room

Dentistry Undergraduate Entry Requirements: Dentistry Entry Requirements | The Student Room

General TSR Rules:

Do not ask for or post group chat links.

Do not ask for or post interview questions.

Do not offer to buy or sell items, including the promotion of dentistry courses.

Good luck!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

cohort size for bristol dentistry?
What’s a good UCAT score for Bristol?
Reply 5
Hi,
Has anyone got any info on the new Bristol dental school due to open sometime next year? I know it’s going to be close to Temple Meads train station but how far is that away from the main campus and/or accommodation? Thanks
Original post by Dentmum
Hi,
Has anyone got any info on the new Bristol dental school due to open sometime next year? I know it’s going to be close to Temple Meads train station but how far is that away from the main campus and/or accommodation? Thanks

Sept 2022 is what I was told :smile:
Reply 7
What is the ucat cutoff?
Reply 8
Original post by Jake653
What is the ucat cutoff?

This is the first year Bristol will be solely using ucat to select candidates for interview therefore the cutoff last year won’t really be relevant. I’m unsure of what it was in any case-sorry.
Reply 9
from some FOI stats I've seen the mean ave UCAT score was around 2570 in 2020 admission cycle who were called for interview (don't know about 2021). But that was before when they used personal statement, etc to decided on who to interview. Now on their admission statement it says that if you meet the academic requirement, it will be 100% ucat based so I'm assuming the average will be higher.
I’m guessing 2600 is not high enough then?
Original post by Dentmum
This is the first year Bristol will be solely using ucat to select candidates for interview therefore the cutoff last year won’t really be relevant. I’m unsure of what it was in any case-sorry.

I’m guessing 2600 won’t be high enough then?
Original post by Dentmum
Hi,

Hi, where can I find more information on this? I looked online but couldn't find anything about the new dental school. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Imandoxxx
Hi, where can I find more information on this? I looked online but couldn't find anything about the new dental school. Thanks :smile:

The Bristol dental panel discussed it briefly on the recent virtual open week. I tried to find further info about it and also found it difficult. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.
Original post by Dentmum
The Bristol dental panel discussed it briefly on the recent virtual open week. I tried to find further info about it and also found it difficult. Sorry I can’t be more helpful.

No problem. Thank you for your help :smile:
hi what’s the ucat score of everyone applying to bristol ?
Original post by jellyfish1233
hi what’s the ucat score of everyone applying to bristol ?

You should be safe with anything above 2800 to be honest.
What’s people’s UCAT who have been put on hold?
Original post by DrSmile
What’s people’s UCAT who have been put on hold?

How do we know if we’ve been put on hold?
Original post by thomasgrta
How do we know if we’ve been put on hold?

They email you saying so
Got 2640 and put on hold

Quick Reply

Latest