The Student Room Group

To shut my friend up, when do girls and guys start puberty?

Scroll to see replies

I don’t think you’re old enough to be using TSR.
Original post by YaliaV123

I am actually

Original post by Aleksander Krol
you asked, "when do girls and guys start puberty?"
well, you know that it's different, it's not the same for everyone. so why are you arguing with others? they gave you average. they didn't say, everyone hits their puberty at that age.

Looks like he’s won this debate then...
Original post by Anonymous
I am actually

Looks like he’s won this debate then...

What debate?? Everyone literally was saying the same thing…
Anon users can't 'win' debates, wise the bap. :rolleyes:
Original post by YaliaV123

😂😂
Yeah but he said ‘in this case its both an average and accurate’

You might do well to look up the definition of both.
(edited 2 years ago)
Is this a new game- ask a question you can very easily google the answer to, disagree with the first poster who answers even though their answer is correct and claim a debate “victory” -cos I’ve heard of more pointless games…but not many. 🤷🏼*♀️
Yeah but not every girl starts puberty at 11, nor does every guy start puberty at 12

Yes, but the average (presumably meaning mean in this scenario) age to start puberty is 11 for girls and 12 for boys. The normal age range for starting puberty according to the NHS website is between the ages of 8 and 13 in girls and 9 and 14 in boys. There will still be people who start puberty earlier or later than that though, because the normal age range will only include 2 standard deviations around the mean, but again, that does not mean it is wrong to say that the average age is 11 and 12.
Because he’s saying the average. He thinks all people go through puberty at that age. I’m trying to win our debate here.

Not being rude, but do you know what "average" means (in maths)?
(edited 2 years ago)
So I am basically right ur wrong

i wonder why you and your friend were having a little disagreement.....

Quick Reply

Latest