The Student Room Group

Calorie Tracking

Hi Guys,

Tryna do this body recomposition thing during my gap year. I want to begin tracking my calories using myfitnesspal but dont get how I'm meant to accurately track my calories.

I don't cook the main meals, my mom does and I don't know exactly how much of each ingredient is used so I don't know how that will allow me to accurately track my calories.

Is there any tips or suggestion that can be given on how to accurately track my calories? Thanks.
I've just cut down to eating once a day
Original post by Anonymous
I've just cut down to eating once a day

how can you only eat once a day??? :eek:
don't you get hungry throughout the day
Hi Guys,

Tryna do this body recomposition thing during my gap year. I want to begin tracking my calories using myfitnesspal but dont get how I'm meant to accurately track my calories.

I don't cook the main meals, my mom does and I don't know exactly how much of each ingredient is used so I don't know how that will allow me to accurately track my calories.

Is there any tips or suggestion that can be given on how to accurately track my calories? Thanks.

My Fitness Pal isn't very accurate with regards to nutritional calculation, and the database is very limited. If you can't equate the meals you're eating with items in the MFP database, and you don't have a weighted food diary, it's difficult - anything you calculate will be a broad estimate.

It depends on how serious you are about analysing your diet. Several other nutritional software providers exist with much more accuracy and functionality, though this comes at a price.
Original post by heart2you
how can you only eat once a day??? :eek:
don't you get hungry throughout the day

No i don't get hungry because I'm feeling extremely lovesick for a while now and I'm slowly losing my sanity alongside this. Not sure how much more of this i can take to be honest
No i don't get hungry because I'm feeling extremely lovesick for a while now and I'm slowly losing my sanity alongside this. Not sure how much more of this i can take to be honest

what does lovesick mean?

Quick Reply

Latest