The Student Room Group

Muslim Relationships

This ones for my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters? How do you deal with crushes?

Scroll to see replies

what do you mean?
I don't get them anymore.
Original post by Dr_wannabe_
This ones for my fellow Muslim brothers and sisters? How do you deal with crushes?

Salam.

I focus on my career and tell myself relationships at such a young age are a waste of time.
Also are you an aspiring medic?
Reply 4
Original post by TriplexA
Salam.

I focus on my career and tell myself relationships at such a young age are a waste of time.

I do want to become a doctor, however, I don't think love is a waste of time. Atm I am in love and I think I might have found someone who could potentially be my future husband
Reply 5
Original post by summerbirdreads
I don't get them anymore.

Cool I guess

Salam.

Also W Salam

Drop here!
I'm not muslim but
Oh nice. It depends on the person and ultimately its your choice to move forward with him or not.
I'd just say that please don't sacrifice too much of your time towards the relationship as you don't want to ruin your chance at getting into uni.
A levels require a lot of dedication and for medicine you need very high grades as a minimum - just a heads up.
Original post by hungrysalamander
I'm not muslim but

omg i died ..the spiderman :rofl:

I have them and just don't ever tell them :lol:
maybe in uni if i find the right guy i might and see if he's willing to be with me
I'm not muslim but

Wtf did I just watch??

Why is this question only exclusive to Muslims? I mean, how would they have a different experience to non-Muslims, aside from the usual subjectivity that is present in everyone?
Wtf did I just watch??

My sense of humour is weird
Wtf did I just watch??

PRSOM
My sense of humour is weird

Thanks for reminding me I'm haram though.
Original post by 0ptics
Why is this question only exclusive to Muslims? I mean, how would they have a different experience to non-Muslims, aside from the usual subjectivity that is present in everyone?

In Islam we don't date, we only marry, so if you're Muslim it's much harder to cope with a crush as you can't really do anything, especially since you're younger. I'm not a scholar so please research as to why we only marry.
Oh nice. It depends on the person and ultimately its your choice to move forward with him or not.
I'd just say that please don't sacrifice too much of your time towards the relationship as you don't want to ruin your chance at getting into uni.
A levels require a lot of dedication and for medicine you need very high grades as a minimum - just a heads up.

This is v true and my education is v important. I think my love life motivates me to do well as I want my future children and partner to live a nice life, which of course a good job will provide. Anyway, becoming a doctor is probably my biggest dream.
Reply 17
Thanks for reminding me I'm haram though.

Wait you're a muslim? 😭😭 I didn't even know
In Islam we don't date, we only marry, so if you're Muslim it's much harder to cope with a crush as you can't really do anything, especially since you're younger. I'm not a scholar so please research as to why we only marry.

Hate to break the ice but I already know this. I used to believe in Islam, after all.

Marriage my brother or sister. It's plain and simple as that. Have u spoke to said person before?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending