The Student Room Group

RAF Education

Anyone know why the RAF do not accept Level 2 numeracy in place of GCSE Maths ?

I'm currently serving and looking at transferring to the RAF, i was advised the only thing i was lacking was GCSE maths so i went to the education centre on camp and they got me to do Level 2 numeracy ( as the military say its the same thing )

so do the Government
https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels
Certainly seems that it should be GCSE C equivalent. Suggest you contact the careers office / advice line to clarify.

@RAF_Adam may be able to advise on Monday.

What role are you in now / looking to join the RAF as?
Reply 2
Original post by AlphaTango
Certainly seems that it should be GCSE C equivalent. Suggest you contact the careers office / advice line to clarify.

AT, thanks for replying, i'm looking at going across as a Training Officer, I'll chase it up next week with the AFCO.

It just doesn't make sense why they wouldn't accept it, seeing as it is taught in all military education centres and the Gov says it is the same thing.
Reply 3
Original post by AlphaTango

i just sent you a PM
Original post by DB_Cooper
Anyone know why the RAF do not accept Level 2 numeracy in place of GCSE Maths ?

I'm currently serving and looking at transferring to the RAF, i was advised the only thing i was lacking was GCSE maths so i went to the education centre on camp and they got me to do Level 2 numeracy ( as the military say its the same thing )

so do the Government
https://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/list-of-qualification-levels

Hi

We don't accept it as it doesn't provide a level high enough that we require for phase two training. You will need to do a GCSE or equivalent we accept as listed on all roles pages in the Education Requirements section, to be able to have your application processed.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment
Reply 5
Original post by RAF__Adam
Hi

We don't accept it as it doesn't provide a level high enough that we require for phase two training. You will need to do a GCSE or equivalent we accept as listed on all roles pages in the Education Requirements section, to be able to have your application processed.

Kind regards
Adam
RAF Recruitment

Adam, thanks for the reply, i've just PM"d you

Quick Reply

Latest