The Student Room Group

Why am I not getting girls

No one including me can work this out. Girls who do talk to me are very surprised that I don't have loads of girls interested in me and that I've only had sex once (was a virgin til recently). most of the girls i match with on tinder dont even talk after like a day, the other half i should be doing way better at (not attractive). Idk whats going wrong?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
do factor in that tinder is based on algorithms and not everyone receives notifications.
try meeting people who like a hobby or interest you share.
chances are, you're not too far from a city centre, that will likely have groups that participate in activities you enjoy.
Reply 2
that's not my point tho.
on tinder when you match with someone its based on whether you like their profile, so your appearance.
Original post by Anonymous
No one including me can work this out. Girls who do talk to me are very surprised that I don't have loads of girls interested in me and that I've only had sex once (was a virgin til recently). most of the girls i match with on tinder dont even talk after like a day, the other half i should be doing way better at (not attractive). Idk whats going wrong?

The key problem is you seem to be putting women on a pedestal and that is not attractive to them. You need to focus on improving yourself.
Reply 4
Must have some dry game den bro... Get ur game up and you'll be swimming in ladies.. They love a funny guy 🤷*♂️

You seem to be fixated on looks and sex. Women are human beings and they don’t like this approach.
Reply 6

Just try really hard to develop a personality
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 7
A

Original post by Slx.24
Must have some dry game den bro... Get ur game up and you'll be swimming in ladies.. They love a funny guy 🤷*♂️

But thats not my point, like my mate for example. He always seems to get girls messaging him on tinder before they even know him.
So I don';t know if its a case of girls considering him more physically attractive? Idk, I mean i've struggled with confidence before but i've always been told I shouldn't as I'm gl. And I know I can do better than the girls on tinder because i've had a better looking gf and also slept with one of the best looking girls ive seen.
Reply 8
Original post by Oxford Mum
You seem to be fixated on looks and sex. Women are human beings and they don’t like this approach.

Not really, I'm not going to date someone I find physically unattractive am I? I can compromise but why settle for less.
Women do the exact same. Not on tinder but I knew a girl locally on snap. She aksed for a picture of me and when she saw it she literally unadded me.
So believe me women do do the same.
Reply 9
A

But thats not my point, like my mate for example. He always seems to get girls messaging him on tinder before they even know him.
So I don';t know if its a case of girls considering him more physically attractive? Idk, I mean i've struggled with confidence before but i've always been told I shouldn't as I'm gl. And I know I can do better than the girls on tinder because i've had a better looking gf and also slept with one of the best looking girls ive seen.

I get what you're saying, and that IS my point broooo
I don't think your mate getting the girls to message him is a big point, bcs even if you were still less attractive you'd still be able to pull girls 🤏

You seem to be attractive enough to attract the girls.. but something is holding them back right? So what is it gonna be? Most likely, something with your personality then (I'm not saying you don't have a good personality, but maybe switch up your style a bit. Idk how you talk to the gyals so I can't comment lmaoo)
Reply 10
A

ngl the way you talk about women is really unpleasant so thats probably the reason :smile: work on ur misogny first. you come off as insecure and unapproachable which is a universally disliked trait.
(edited 2 years ago)
tbh it is probably because you are good looking. 90% of girls are hopeless at communicating with good looking guys and are terrified of them. Especially girls who end up on dating sites, they are mostly there because they are too shy to get a date in the real world.
Reply 12

It's another one of these threads. I am not going to bother writing long essays again, explaining why Tinder is s***. Yes, it is a proven fact that if you're ugly looks wise, no one will want to talk to you and using Tinder is going to ruin your confidence and self-esteem. Girls only pursue the top 20% of guys on Tinder, so unless you look like a male model, you're not going to go anywhere on Tinder. Just leave Tinder alone and focus on other things that will make you happy, because Tinder will destroy your sanity. Just leave.
Original post by Oxford Mum

The world of tinder revolves around looks, sex and some very odd algorithms. :vroam:
Original post by xtras
ngl the way you talk about women is really unpleasant so thats probably the reason :smile: work on ur misogny first

How?
Also half the girls on tinder have no self respect for themselves. Girls are often their own worst enemy. That sounds harsh but its kind of true, on tinder anyway.
Had a girl match with me yesterday and we talk and shes like "i dont like hookups" and im like good fine, and then she basically asks to sleep with me.
Original post by Slx.24
I get what you're saying, and that IS my point broooo
I don't think your mate getting the girls to message him is a big point, bcs even if you were still less attractive you'd still be able to pull girls 🤏

You seem to be attractive enough to attract the girls.. but something is holding them back right? So what is it gonna be? Most likely, something with your personality then (I'm not saying you don't have a good personality, but maybe switch up your style a bit. Idk how you talk to the gyals so I can't comment lmaoo)

But the point is hes getting more girls matching with him, and often better looking ones too.
I get what you mean. I am quite flirt and do have chat up lines and do make girls laugh (but not at me)
Reply 16
But the point is hes getting more girls matching with him, and often better looking ones too.
I get what you mean. I am quite flirt and do have chat up lines and do make girls laugh (but not at me)

Doesn't that contradict your title though.. which is you're not getting girls 😭
Also, bro trust me.. don't look at others. Just focus on yourself. It really doesn't matter how many girls he's bringing home or getting talked to. You're doing ****ing fab and that's about that. You said yourself you got one of the best girls you've seen :tongue:

Don't bother letting small things like this get in between you and your friend or get into your mind! You got this bro 👑
Original post by Slx.24
Doesn't that contradict your title though.. which is you're not getting girls 😭
Also, bro trust me.. don't look at others. Just focus on yourself. It really doesn't matter how many girls he's bringing home or getting talked to. You're doing ****ing fab and that's about that. You said yourself you got one of the best girls you've seen :tongue:

Don't bother letting small things like this get in between you and your friend or get into your mind! You got this bro 👑

Thanks although I don't feel like it. Bored of being single. Some guys seem to get a gf straight after breaking up with their ex.
Reply 18
How?
Also half the girls on tinder have no self respect for themselves. Girls are often their own worst enemy. That sounds harsh but its kind of true, on tinder anyway.
Had a girl match with me yesterday and we talk and shes like "i dont like hookups" and im like good fine, and then she basically asks to sleep with me.

'Girls are often their worst enemy?' and are you a girl to be saying this? In the groups i hang out in we all uplift eachother and help each other. Define 'no self respect'. Are you seriously insulting a girl who wants to hook up w u after complaining about getting no girls? quite the paradox isnt it.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by xtras
'Girls are often their worst enemy?' and are you a girl to be saying this? In the groups i hang out in we all uplift eachother and help each other. Define 'no self respect'. Are you seriously insulting a girl who wants to hook up w u after complaining about getting no girls? quite the paradox isnt it.

I want a girlfriend not a **** buddy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending