The Student Room Group

Is it possible to have been raped without any pain after?

Basically to cut a very long story short i believe i was probably spiked at a party a few weeks ago as i arrived at 7pm and remember absolutely nothing after around 8.30pm after only a few drinks. My next memory is tomorrow morning in hospital at around 7am.

My tights had gone from new (though thin) to being completely ripped all over and laddered, as well as having lots of pain in my buttock/tailbone which i’m assuming must have come from a fall/falls but i don’t remember these happening. I had no pain in my private or bottom at all however. Is it possible i was assaulted? I am still trying to get more details about how i ended up in hospital and who drove me home and who i was with in this car though i am told it was an uber driver and some women who i hve no clue who she is.
Original post by flower0905555
Basically to cut a very long story short i believe i was probably spiked at a party a few weeks ago as i arrived at 7pm and remember absolutely nothing after around 8.30pm after only a few drinks. My next memory is tomorrow morning in hospital at around 7am.

My tights had gone from new (though thin) to being completely ripped all over and laddered, as well as having lots of pain in my buttock/tailbone which i’m assuming must have come from a fall/falls but i don’t remember these happening. I had no pain in my private or bottom at all however. Is it possible i was assaulted? I am still trying to get more details about how i ended up in hospital and who drove me home and who i was with in this car though i am told it was an uber driver and some women who i hve no clue who she is.

Crikey - so you have nearly twelve hours about which you can remember nothing! Weren't you with anyone during this time, who could shed some light it?

And yes, rape doesn't have to 'hurt' or anything. Rape is simply non-consensual penile penetration.
Original post by Reality Check
Crikey - so you have nearly twelve hours about which you can remember nothing! Weren't you with anyone during this time, who could shed some light it?

And yes, rape doesn't have to 'hurt' or anything. Rape is simply non-consensual penile penetration.

everyone seems very strange about who i was with when i ask. At first I was told i was with 4 coworkers in an uber, then apparently i was alone in an uber with the driver and then some lady appeared also, first i was told she was a man, then a lady, then someone from uber customer support so i actually have no clue at this moment. From my location history i can see i was outside my apartment for one hour and a half, doing what i have no clue, but was told the uber driver phoned my friend saying they couldn’t get me out the car. Then according to my history i was driven to hospital, again I can’t remember any of this it was like i was on another planet at this time lol. Then I woke up the next morning completely confused in hospital being sick over and over and saw i had been sick all over my coat multiple times. The people at this party are mostly men and i was told on the cctv the restaurant said it seems i was being helped out by two men and struggling to walk properly, i don’t remember any of this so i’m somewhat concerned and also terribly hurt if it turns out any of these men did do this to me as I genuinely trusted they would not do this as it was a work event
(edited 2 years ago)
Yes.
It is possible to have been raped or otherwise sexually assaulted without experiencing any physical pain immediately afterwards.

Get a full sexual health checkup for std's and a pregnancy test.
Try to have some blood tests done.
If your drink was spiked with an illegal substance or noxious chemical, it is most likely that it would have been out of your blood stream within a few hours of ingestion.
That's why it is so important for hospitals and all medical facilities that provide any medical treatment to offer blood tests for those who they suspect may have been spiked or suspect that they might have being drugged/spiked and ask to be tested.
Alas, very few doctors and medical facilities are willing to routinely provide these tests unless requested to do so by the police or a law enforcement agency.
everyone seems very strange about who i was with when i ask. At first I was told i was with 4 coworkers in an uber, then apparently i was alone in an uber with the driver and then some lady appeared also, first i was told she was a man, then a lady, then someone from uber customer support so i actually have no clue at this moment. From my location history i can see i was outside my apartment for one hour and a half, doing what i have no clue, but was told the uber driver phoned my friend saying they couldn’t get me out the car. Then according to my history i was driven to hospital, again I can’t remember any of this it was like i was on another planet at this time lol. Then I woke up the next morning completely confused in hospital being sick over and over and saw i had been sick all over my coat multiple times. The people at this party are mostly men and i was told on the cctv the restaurant said it seems i was being helped out by two men and struggling to walk properly, i don’t remember any of this so i’m somewhat concerned and also terribly hurt if it turns out any of these men did do this to me as I genuinely trusted they would not do this as it was a work event

Good lord, that's quite a tale! The fact that it's a work event makes me slightly less uneasy, but only slightly. Given this narrative, why are you worried that you might have been raped or sexually assaulted? Is it the tights thing - that could just have been all the falling down and being on the road/pavement. I'm not trying to minimise anything that might have happened, but to give some alternatives.
Good lord, that's quite a tale! The fact that it's a work event makes me slightly less uneasy, but only slightly. Given this narrative, why are you worried that you might have been raped or sexually assaulted? Is it the tights thing - that could just have been all the falling down and being on the road/pavement. I'm not trying to minimise anything that might have happened, but to give some alternatives.

I guess because it seems very likely I was spiked, added with the fact that 95% of my coworkers are young men who often take drugs recreationally, and the fact i get a lot of compliments from them…as well as the fact that it is not a normal workplace in terms of rules, I don’t want to be suspicious of them but I’m just worried especially with how the story keeps changing
Hi I am not an expert but please go to a police station or hospital ASAP and get DNA samples done, bc DNA evidence from *up there* will only last 1-3 days, and that way you will be able to clarify what happened.
I guess because it seems very likely I was spiked, added with the fact that 95% of my coworkers are young men who often take drugs recreationally, and the fact i get a lot of compliments from them…as well as the fact that it is not a normal workplace in terms of rules, I don’t want to be suspicious of them but I’m just worried especially with how the story keeps changing

Then you must take whatever action you think is necessary - but you first need to try to piece the story together from whomever can remember some salient details.

I would add that the fact that your co-workers are '95% young men', that they might or might not 'take drugs', nor that 'you get lots of compliments from them' doesn't really lead to any assumption or suspicion that you were raped or assaulted. These are serious allegations towards people.

If you feel you are the victim of a crime, you should go to the police ASAP.
(edited 2 years ago)
Then you must take whatever action you think is necessary - but you first need to try to piece the story together from whomever can remember some salient details.

I would add that the fact that your co-workers are '95% young men', that they might or might not 'take drugs', nor that 'you get lots of compliments from them' doesn't really lead to any assumption or suspicion that you were raped or assaulted. These are serious allegations towards people.

i don’t want to report it to the police if it turned out i was spiked or assaulted though i may never know, i just want to know for my own peace of mind what happened and if everyone was behind it as i feel paranoid atm
here is the NHS page (If it helps ???)

https://www.nhs.uk/live-well/sexual-health/help-after-rape-and-sexual-assault/

I respect how you are feeling, but please consider the women who might not suffer if you speak out. It is a massive decision, and you might want to find out if other female coworkers have had similar experiences
bump
I've tentatively moved this to Sexual Health.
i think you should get a rpe kit done
bump

Latest