The Student Room Group

Society social ideas! DESPERATE

Hi
I’ve just been given social sec for a sports society does anyone have a good idea for a social that they’ve been to/how to actually organize them? Im very lost!! - I was thinking something v day themed as the 14th is coming up but ideally something ppl who are single and taken could participate in? X
Reply 1
What exactly is V day?

Is this being held at a bar or something though or what, location tending to help figure out good ideas. Equally, what sports thing is it? Doing something themed on that could be interesting.
Reply 2
Original post by Napp
What exactly is V day?

"14th coming up" = February = Valentine's Day
Reply 3
Original post by Jenny4728835
Hi
I’ve just been given social sec for a sports society does anyone have a good idea for a social that they’ve been to/how to actually organize them? Im very lost!! - I was thinking something v day themed as the 14th is coming up but ideally something ppl who are single and taken could participate in? X

The only Valentine's event I did was for a local church, a dinner-dance; buffet meal with music, but it was just the decor that was overtly Valentine's, mostly homemade hearts and cupids on the walls and hanging from the ceiling, but they all got taken home as souvenirs at the end of the night! With a bigger budget you can add balloons, flowers, table decorations etc. You don't need to overthink it on single v taken, because singles can always go with a group of friends.

I've also been involved in organising dinners, balls, high-end raffles, during my time with the RAF, but the basics are the same anywhere. There's also things like auctions that can be done. Feel free to pick my brains, on here or PM. Happy to help!
Reply 4
PS. Was this your choice or has the TSR algorithm has seen the word 'society' and put this in the wrong forum for this kind of question?

@04MR17 can you please find a better home for this thread? TY.
Original post by Surnia
PS. Was this your choice or has the TSR algorithm has seen the word 'society' and put this in the wrong forum for this kind of question?.

Screenshot_20220123_120521_com.android.chrome-compressed.jpg.jpeg

Will get it moved now :ta:
Original post by Jenny4728835
Hi

V day theme you could do a traffic light party every body get a wrist band Green, Amber or Red.
Green means Very single
Amber means I could be persuaded
Red means taken
do it as a house party or rent out a club or something does that help. or t-shirt marker party are always fun you all go out with markers in white t shirts and write on each other it pretty fun.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending