The Student Room Group

Ex

Girl dumped me any tips on what’s best too get over her is it no contact ? And any tips on how too stop looking at her social media ?

Scroll to see replies

did you break up on good or bad terms? if good and you both want to remain friends, maybe just try and distance yourself for a while and give yourself some time to heal and take your mind of things, try doing the things you love and enjoy to distract yourself a bit. if things ended badly, maybe block her on social media to try and stop yourself from wanting to check her accounts, and same as before, give yourself some time to do what you enjoy and take your mind off of things. or rather than blocking her, you could take some time off social media yourself or maybe limit the amount of time you spend on it and try do other things instead?
i hope this at least helped a bit !
Reply 2
Original post by OiFelixCmereBro
did you break up on good or bad terms? if good and you both want to remain friends, maybe just try and distance yourself for a while and give yourself some time to heal and take your mind of things, try doing the things you love and enjoy to distract yourself a bit. if things ended badly, maybe block her on social media to try and stop yourself from wanting to check her accounts, and same as before, give yourself some time to do what you enjoy and take your mind off of things. or rather than blocking her, you could take some time off social media yourself or maybe limit the amount of time you spend on it and try do other things instead?
i hope this at least helped a bit !

Yeah well she finished with me and yeah we haven’t argued like I told her I want her back but she said she wants too be on her own. Yeah I’m heartbroken and want too get better as soon as possible so I think no contact is best for a bit ?
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah well she finished with me and yeah we haven’t argued like I told her I want her back but she said she wants too be on her own. Yeah I’m heartbroken and want too get better as soon as possible so I think no contact is best for a bit ?

yeah try going no contact for a while, give her some space as well as yourself, maybe after a bit youll both be able to talk to each other again even if its just as friends, ik its hard but im sure youll find the right person one day :smile:
Reply 4

It's no contact, full stop, not for 'a bit'. She has told you doesn't want a relationship with you, nor keep in touch. Respect her decision.
Reply 5
Original post by Surnia
It's no contact, full stop, not for 'a bit'. She has told you doesn't want a relationship with you, nor keep in touch. Respect her decision.

She didn’t tell me she didn’t want too keep in touch
Girl dumped me any tips on what’s best too get over her is it no contact ? And any tips on how too stop looking at her social media ?

You’ll take time to heal definitely and I know it hurts because I know how you feel and experienced this before even though my ex girlfriend was two faced, toxic and foul mouthed and for what she did to me how she gold digged and cheated on me before when I met her yeah I admit I was blindly in love. But I haven’t spoken to her in 27 days the last time I spoke to her before ending it I was like “Get out of my life, I don’t want you no more or having anything to do with you no more” and being honest I thought about her for hours that day and thought how she felt after hearing those words from my mouth obviously some people take time to adapt and heal one heals quicker and faster the other slower but as the “no contact phase” goes on day by day personally for me she is non existent my ex girlfriend she’s a ghost 👻 and she’s dead ☠️ to me I really don’t know about her whereabouts or how she is or if she’s alive. But for yourself let the days go by and you will eventually get used to it Bro and trust me you will find someone for you and you won’t remember her. Your ex doesn’t want to pursue a relationship, want’s to be left alone understand that, acknowledge that and respect that knowing she wants privacy and she has a life also to spend with family, her friends and time away from yourself. Move on brother you can do it 👊🤜🤛.

Man up and delete your socials for my ex girlfriend when I wanted to stop the “no contact phase” I had to sacrifice my social media accounts because she was making my life miserable 😖 and a living hell I deleted all my accounts and yeah I feel much better and relieved 🥲.
Reply 8
Original post by Mohammed1000000
Man up and delete your socials for my ex girlfriend when I wanted to stop the “no contact phase” I had to sacrifice my social media accounts because she was making my life miserable 😖 and a living hell I deleted all my accounts and yeah I feel much better and relieved 🥲.

I have one fear of seeing her on a night out and her being with one particular guy any tips ?
I have one fear of seeing her on a night out and her being with one particular guy any tips ?

Bro she’s no longer with you no more and you guys are not together she has the freedom to be with whoever she wants okay if your ex was to get married today to someone on her wedding day are you actually going to turn up and stop her on her day of happiness and when she has reiterated to you the fact that she no longer wants to associate herself neither does she want to talk to you no more show her respect, give her privacy, let her live her life alone and in peace move on bro it’s simple and easy it’ll take time to heal but that’s life it is how it is. If it didn’t work out it didn’t work out nobody can go back through a time machine and the past to fix it unless there’s a change in heart… forget her… move on… it’ll take time to heal and you’ll meet someone of your own trust me.
Bro she’s no longer with you no more and you guys are not together she has the freedom to be with whoever she wants okay if your ex was to get married today to someone on her wedding day are you actually going to turn up and stop her on her day of happiness and when she has reiterated to you the fact that she no longer wants to associate herself neither does she want to talk to you no more show her respect, give her privacy, let her live her life alone and in peace move on bro it’s simple and easy it’ll take time to heal but that’s life it is how it is. If it didn’t work out it didn’t work out nobody can go back through a time machine and the past to fix it unless there’s a change in heart… forget her… move on… it’ll take time to heal and you’ll meet someone of your own trust me.

I just hate the thought of seeing her kiss this one guy
I just hate the thought of seeing her kiss this one guy

It is how it is. You can’t stop her, her rights, her choice and her decision. If you actually truly cared about her and wanted the best for her wouldn’t you actually want to see her happy and not live life like miserable as in what your intended thought of not wanting to happen…
It is how it is. You can’t stop her, her rights, her choice and her decision. If you actually truly cared about her and wanted the best for her wouldn’t you actually want to see her happy and not live life like miserable as in what your intended thought of not wanting to happen…

It’s unbelievably difficult because I just can’t see myslef getting over her

It’s not your not even giving a chance to let alone a go she’s already told you what she wants, it’s life bro. Put her before you first and don’t think about yourself but think in the best of her.
(edited 2 years ago)
It’s not your not even giving a chance to let alone a go she’s already told you what she wants, it’s life bro. Put her before you first and don’t think about yourself but think in the best of her.

I’m trying not too think of her but it’s difficult

I’ll tell you what’s difficult when my ex girlfriend used me for financial purposes and gold digged me even though I gave her assets and valuables as a sign of gesture to show how much she meant to me as a princess. She then plays games with my feelings even though when I first met her I promised her I would never play games or play with her feelings like her exes did and I didn’t and then she goes onto cheat behind my back with other boys of her own who she has on her socials she would open and reply back to their messages, view their pictures and videos and share and exchange pictures and videos to them whilst we were dating and she has the courage to talk about a serious subject as marriage and wanting to have a future together and starting a family. And I was blindly in love and I thought we could have a Valentine’s Day together I had a surprised planned for that girl almost 6 months in advanced and look where I am today I had several fun trips arranged and planned and places to visit planned together but we broke up 27 days ago. And look I will spend Valentine’s Day alone that’s life it is how it is. I got to move on… some people are just like that…
(edited 2 years ago)
I’m trying not too think of her but it’s difficult

Doesn’t matter bro here’s the problem bro you are overthinking. Put her off your mind by doing things that’ll attract your attention like your favourite hobbies go and do a bit of caking make some cake, watch a movie on Netflix, go out on a sunny day to visit a monument or to spend some quality time alone having fresh air or even spend quality family time or friend time together. It’s not hard it’s simple.
Doesn’t matter bro here’s the problem bro you are overthinking. Put her off your mind by doing things that’ll attract your attention like your favourite hobbies go and do a bit of caking make some cake, watch a movie on Netflix, go out on a sunny day to visit a monument or to spend some quality time alone having fresh air or even spend quality family time or friend time together. It’s not hard it’s simple.

I’ve started going for walks but I don’t find it simple not too think about her she pops into my head all the time
I’ve started going for walks but I don’t find it simple not too think about her she pops into my head all the time

Bro think imaginative and outside the box man a walk too simplistic. Go for a round of bowling 🎳, watch a movie on netflix, bake some chocolate brownies or cookies man. It’s not hard it’s really simple.
Bro think imaginative and outside the box man a walk too simplistic. Go for a round of bowling 🎳, watch a movie on netflix, bake some chocolate brownies or cookies man. It’s not hard it’s really simple.

I don’t understand how a lot of people find it so simple I find it unbelievably difficult

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending